Picture of Michel de Greef
First Steps by an old dog
by Michel de Greef - Saturday, 10 May 2014, 8:12 AM

I have just tried Adapt and it was quite easy.

I am running it on a Debian derivative with no real problems and having completed the "Creating you first course" it shows great potential already. In fact it is useable, I think.

The only issue I have is that every time I reload the page in Iceweasel (Debian 's Firefox version) I get a popup with "Cannot GET /log_output.html" message.

I am going to try to use Adapt on a project I have had in mind for a couple of years. It is a very large project based on more than a thousand pages of lectures transcripts, so please someone stop me here if there is an issue with this. I would expect that it would take me 18 months or so.

I am retired and have had 45 years professional experience in software development, hence the reference to the old dog, and have plenty of time on my hands, so I hope that I may be able to contribute to the development as well. Just need hone my skills with Node.js, etc, first.

Anyway, wishing the best to the authors of this project and thanking them for open sourcing it! :)
Picture of Adam Laird
Re: First Steps by an old dog
by Adam Laird - Monday, 12 May 2014, 9:30 AM

run

adapt uninstall adapt-contrib-spoor

within the course folder to remove the SCORM plugin, once your ready to zip and test on an lms you can very easily re-install it

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Monday, 12 May 2014, 11:07 AM

Hey Michel,

Just to add a bit more information to Adam's reply. The Spoor extension and Scorm is looking for a file that it cannot find. By removing the Spoor extension you're effectively removing this method being called. However if you want Scorm tracking to be enabled at a later date please install the plugin again.

Whenever I'm developing - I remove the Spoor extension straight away as the errors can become quite annoying. I'd suggest that this is something we look into.

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 12 May 2014, 11:37 AM
Picture of Dick Moore
by Dick Moore - Monday, 12 May 2014, 1:33 PM

Just to add my $0.02 worth from one old dog to another :)

After removing the adapt-contrib-spoor module you need to do a "grunt build" again.

D

Picture of Michel de Greef
by Michel de Greef - Monday, 12 May 2014, 1:48 PM

Yes, that's all fine now. Getting rid of the spoor module got rid of the annoying pop-up.

Thanks all for the help with this.
Picture of Adam Laird
by Adam Laird - Monday, 12 May 2014, 2:34 PM

@Daryl I think perhaps not including in create course but perhaps including its installation in grunt tracking-insert might be a good idea, the assumption being this is the time you want scorm to happen or to tailor for future where using the tin can malarky (which i havent looked into yet)

$ grunt tracking-insert-scorm

$ grunt tracking-insert-tinacanmalarky