Picture of Adam Laird
Custom animations and the replacement of flash
by Adam Laird - Monday, 12 May 2014, 2:38 PM

Already added to github as an issue but thought it might be good to see if anyone has other ways to deal with such without having to create a custom component everytime you want to ad a bit of prettyness. Example (very basic animation) attached

To aid replacing flash animations (and remembering GIFs are a joke) it would be ideal if there was an option to stop the video on last frame/ replace poster image with a final frame image when video complete.
This would also mean hiding the play button once its played once but would assume it could replay when user hits in (not to mention the play-bar is generally still there too)

Picture of Daryl Hedley
Re: Custom animations and the replacement of flash
by Daryl Hedley - Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 8:26 AM

Hey Adam,

If we get enough of a request for this we could add this into the Media component. I guess we'd look at an attribute like '_shouldRemainOnLastFrame':true. When then need to listen on the 'ended' event and change the current location to the last frame.

Would anyone else like this feature?

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Adam Laird
by Adam Laird - Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 10:27 AM

i've got it to stay on last frame (in firefox, chrome, safari latest on OSX) by setting

autoRewind:false

at line 81 of mediaelement-and-player.min.js which obviously changes the default method and rewinds if play is pressed again. I believe this is a better default and its just become standard for autorewind to occur without any  good reason I can see.

The problem remains with this approach of the Play button staying overlayed on the video once its stopped and not sure how to change that beheviour.

And could someone add the spell checker back to tiny MCE as right click doesnt work in a java editor :(

Picture of Adam Laird
by Adam Laird - Wednesday, 14 May 2014, 8:48 AM

Ok easiest to just make a version of adapt-contrib-media for this which I have done at

https://github.com/adamlaird/adapt-nakedMedia and registered

Pity cant have transparency on a video (mp4) and cant work out how to get first frame showing so having to stick to a poster but other wise works fine