Picture of Angelique Meyer
Installing Adapt
by Angelique Meyer - Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 7:03 AM

Good Day All,

I am extremely new to adapt hence the fact that im struggling to install it.

I downloaded the framework, followed the instructions on: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Setting-up-your-development-environment

When I get to "grunt build" I get the error saying that I dont have GruntFile.js in my project, as you can see in my screenshot I do, but I then went to their website and in my command prompt did "npm install -g grunt"  and also did "npm install -g grunt-cli"

• Ran grunt build and still got the error saying "Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt." etc
  • I then used "npm install grunt --save-dev"
  • Ran grunt build
  • Then got "Error: Cannot find module 'matchdep'
  • I then ran npm install matchdep
  • Ran grunt build
  • Then got "quite a list of local npm modules telling me they were not found and if their installed and a warning saying Task "jsonlint" not found.

I must have gone wrong somewhere? Must I just keep installing all theses files or is there something I have done wrong? Would really appreciate any guidance!

Thanks in advance.

Picture of Kevin Corry
Re: Installing Adapt
by Kevin Corry - Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 8:00 AM

Hi Angelique,

Did you use the 'adapt create course' method when setting up your development environment? If so, I'm not sure why you're getting those issues.

Try running a plain 'npm install' to grab those dependencies, and try building again.

Picture of Chris Jones
Re: Installing Adapt
by Chris Jones - Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 8:17 AM

I've just noticed that the guide no longer includes old instructions for a manual installation (i.e. download zip, extract, npm install)

I'd strongly recommend using the CLI, but for completeness I'll create a new wiki page and put the manual guide there.