Picture of Jer Brand
Simple Custom Component Not Available in Authoring Tool
by Jer Brand - Thursday, 1 February 2018, 4:47 PM

My first time building a component for adapt and I'm having issues getting components to appear in the Authoring tool. I've created a minimum test case: a duplicate of the `adapt-contrib-text` component and renamed it `adapt-card`, changed and changed all the old references from "text" to "card". 

The authoring tool accepts the upload, recognizing it as a component, but it does not appear in the list of components to add to a course. 

It has a valid `properties.schema` along with a valid `bower.json` file, works fine in my local framework (grunt dev). There is not a public repo for this, but I have created a gist of both the bower.json and properties.schema here: https://gist.github.com/aut0poietic/c0a1e89a991037fead01465d021d0def

I've got to be missing something simple at this point. Any guidance for getting past this?

Picture of James Rea
Re: Simple Custom Component Not Available in Authoring Tool
by James Rea - Friday, 2 February 2018, 9:10 AM

Hi Jer,

I did something very similar earlier this week, and got the authoring tool to accept a basic new component. I've compared your schema & bower files to mine and I can't spot anything out of place.

Would you be able to share all the files for the component? I can have a go at setting it up here and see what happens.

Picture of Jer Brand
by Jer Brand - Friday, 2 February 2018, 2:29 PM

Hey James.

I'm happy to share files on this.  I'll dump a zip file in my public dropbox folder. If you need, I can spawn a quick github repo for it ( didn't do it initially because my org doesn't use github ).

Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6txxiztdpzg16up/adapt-card.zip?dl=0

Jer

Picture of Paul Steven
by Paul Steven - Friday, 2 February 2018, 3:16 PM

Try refreshing your page by pressing F5 when you are on the page where you want to add the component and you may find it appears,

Picture of Jer Brand
by Jer Brand - Friday, 2 February 2018, 6:03 PM

So, you're telling me this is a (EBCAK) caching issue. :: headdesk :: I'm gonna go attempt to recover from my shame. 

Looks like I have "adapt-card" in my bower.json when I should have "card."

Paul & James, thank you for your help!