Picture of Manu Tiwari
Dolphin - Screen Reader Review
by Manu Tiwari - Monday, 26 May 2014, 9:49 AM

Dear Members,

The courses which have been developed using Adapt Framework are not being read by screen readers in desired manner.

The details of observations for Dolphin Screen reader(by Supernova) 12.08+ IE9 are below:

a. Super Nova screen reader is working fine in desired manner for the web page text which appears in default state of the page.

b. Super Nova screen reader is not reading the revealed text of the selectable bar.

c. When we try to select MCQ first answer option then it is selecting second answer option.

d. Next image open functionality is not working when using the Super Nova screen reader.

The details of observations for Dolphin Screen reader(by Supernova) 12.08+ FF28 & Dolphin and are below:

1. Only the address bar is being read. The content present on screen text or graphics is not being read.

me
Re: Dolphin - Screen Reader Review
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 1 July 2014, 7:33 PM

Hi Manu,

thanks for your note - it seems I missed it at the time.

We have been doing a fair amount of accessibility work, which is due to be released as part of version 1.2. The work is still in progress today, so I think that at the time of your testing the Adapt framework would not have incorporated these features.

We will check your feedback against the current progress.

If possible, I'd very much like to ask you to retest once we have completed the work. Would that be ok?

Many thanks,

Sven

Picture of Manu Tiwari
by Manu Tiwari - Monday, 14 July 2014, 7:50 AM

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the update. We would like to retest once version 1.2 has been released.

I would like to request you to please review the the thread https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=279. This thread is having details of issues faced with JAWS 15.

Can you please share a tentative date for the release of version 1.2?

Thanks,

Manu

me
by Sven Laux - Monday, 14 July 2014, 9:47 AM

Hi Manu,

thank you. That's very much appreciated! I am tracking the forum post.

At this point, we're still developing new functionality for the next release, so we haven't got any dates we can share. We will publish likely release times when the functionality is complete and has gone into testing.

We will keep you informed via the community site either way.

Thanks and all the best,
Sven