Picture of Joseph Replin
Trickle & (Narrative/Media) Bug?
by Joseph Replin - Thursday, 5 June 2014, 6:19 PM

Hello all,

I found this trickle bug (https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-media/issues/26) to be resolved on Github but I'm still experiencing the issue even with the latest framework release.

Trickle & (Narrative/Media) Bug?

To explain, the trickle is active on an entirely different article from these two components but the two articles share the same content object. I don't get this bug once I trigger the trickle functionality. After completion, the components resize to their default styles. I also don't get this bug once I remove the trickle function entirely..

Just to be sure the issue wasn't entirely something I was doing incorrectly, I've added the trickle functionality to the most recent master framework build and received the same result...

Master Example for Trickle bug.

This only happens when you first open the Content Object. Once you cycle through and complete the components on the page, the media and narrative components correct themselves and won't happen again until you run another build of the course.

Does anyone have any fixes to recommend?

Picture of Daryl Hedley
Re: Trickle & (Narrative/Media) Bug?
by Daryl Hedley - Monday, 9 June 2014, 9:18 AM

Hey Joe,

We were working on a fix for this last week when a bug appeared in a course. I'll post up here once it's been pushed into master.

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Niall Deighan
by Niall Deighan - Monday, 8 June 2015, 1:28 PM

Has a resolution to this issue been uploaded to github yet? We are still having the same problem when the Narrative is placed as the first item on screen.

Picture of Paul MacIntyre
by Paul MacIntyre - Wednesday, 10 June 2015, 7:45 AM

Hi Niall

I have seen this behaviour too. From what I can see the adapt_contrib_narrative.js is mis-reading the following line:

var slideWidth = this.$('.narrative-slide-container').width();

It's picking up the width from the narrative.less, however it's ignoring the % sign and setting the images to be 60 pixels wide instead of 60% wide. I've tried to force this to 60% wide, but when I do all of the images are displayed vertically in the first narrative image window. What's odd is that when trickle triggers, this line in the adapt_contrib_trickle.js:

Adapt.trigger('device:screenSize', Adapt.device.screenWidth);

(which is part of onTrickleButtonClicked: function(event) ) resizes the images and the narrative displays properly.

I haven't found a fix for this yet.

Have you had any further luck with it?