BS
Adapt v1.1.0 & SCORM Reporting
by Bharat Sharma - Thursday, 26 June 2014, 1:22 PM

Hello,

I would like to share my experience when I tested latest framework v1.1.0 on Moodle2.4.3 and i found following behavior, i would like to know/confirm that is this default implementation or something is missing from SCORM part?

1. After visiting the fist topic 'Welcome to Adapt Learning', the status changed to completed in moodle, even the other topics was not visited and their progress was zero.

2. When i visited 'Adapt comes with some plugins too' topic and attempted all the question i got some score say 59%, then i tried to improve my score and i re-attempted same topic in same session as well as another session but moodle was showing same score for all cases, it is giving me impression that score is getting updated on LMS only once?
  3. Is there any future planning to implement lesson_status (return to last) feature?

Many thanks
Bharat

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt v1.1.0 & SCORM Reporting
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 26 June 2014, 2:50 PM

Hi Bharat

With respect to 1., this is a known issue: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-spoor/issues/26. I'm not sure about whether it has been fixed in the master or not though

As for 2. - I would have thought that the course would try to send the score to the LMS every time. You can use the SCORM debugger in Moodle to see what SCORM calls the course is actually making to determine whether it's Adapt or Moodle that's the source of this issue.

3. do you mean lesson_location? If so I think this maybe in the works, I know we had a conversation about how it might be done with the scrolling page design of Adapt here at Kineo the other day.

BS
by Bharat Sharma - Monday, 30 June 2014, 6:47 AM

Hi Matt.

RE point 1 yes its a bug and i have fixed at my end too. Thanks.

RE point 2, i am still working on it. Thanks for your suggestion.

RE point 3 yes it was lesson_location.  :)

Bharat

BS
by Bharat Sharma - Friday, 4 July 2014, 10:33 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response on my previous post.

Regarding your response for point 2 scoring in Adapt v1.1.0, as you told me to check communication between moodle and course, And now I can confirm that course is not sending score every time,  it is only sending score on first time after that it never sends, and it surprises me! Well after detailed investigation i found that there is a technical reason behind this...

there is a handler method 'assessmentComplete' in 'adapt-contrib-assessment-quizArticle.js'  which only executes when 'change' event triggered for '_isComplete', as initially this property has been setup as 'false' so as soon as its value becomes 'true', framework executes this method 'assessmentComplete' and it sends values to LMS for scoring.

this.listenTo(this.model, 'change:_isComplete', this.assessmentComplete);

assessmentComplete: function() { 

---- CODE ---- 

Adapt.trigger('assessment:complete', {isPass: isPass, score: score, scoreAsPercent: scoreAsPercent});

---- CODE ----

}

Once the '_isComplete' become true it’s never gets changed in same session or intersessions, it means adapt will never send score again to LMS.

Kindly correct me if i am wrong because i think its basic requirement of LMS that learner can submit their score as many time as they want condition is only here that course should only send highest score.

Regards,

Bharat

Aniket Dharia
by Aniket Dharia - Friday, 4 July 2014, 11:53 AM

Hi Bharat - 

Yes, currently the adapt framework saves only the first attempt on LMS.  You would need to update the Spoor component to meet your needs of multiple entries.

Regards,

Aniket

Picture of Todd Routson
by Todd Routson - Friday, 18 July 2014, 9:10 PM

Aniket -

Have you done this successfully? If so, would you mind sharing how it was done or possibly posting a new component that does this? I would like to use the same functionality in the course I am currently building and could use some help.

Thanks

Todd

Aniket Dharia
by Aniket Dharia - Saturday, 19 July 2014, 6:57 AM

Hi Todd - 

I will link up the updated spoor version on the GIT by Tuesday. It also has two additional buttons, Review and Retake Assessment which can be used. 

Once updated it will come on this page - Link, I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Aniket

Aniket Dharia
by Aniket Dharia - Monday, 21 July 2014, 1:41 PM

Screenshots for Reference.

Picture of Himanshu Rajotia
by Himanshu Rajotia - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 1:28 PM

Hi,

we have updated the assessment extension code for Review and Retake functionality and you could find it using below link: 

https://github.com/CrediPointSolutions/adapt-contrib-assessment/tree/develop

just download it by clicking on  Download ZIP  button and extract its content on your local machine.

after that all you have to do is to replace your src\extensions\adapt-contrib-assessment folder's content with the extracted one.

Thanks

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Friday, 4 July 2014, 1:04 PM

Hi Bharat,

You are correct, though it seems it would be very useful to allow multiple attempts at an assessment.  An enhancement has already been raised in the issue list here, but please comment on this to add a requirement to allow sending back only the highest score.

Regards,

Brian