Picture of Kumar Ah
MCQ Radio buttons and Checkboxes appears very slowly in IE8
by Kumar Ah - Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 2:37 PM

We have developed a course using V2.2.5 and experiencing an issue in IE8. The radio buttons and check boxes of MCQ component are taking substantial time to load and appear on screen. The same MCQ component works fine in other browsers and also in other IE versions. Any suggestions please?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: MCQ Radio buttons and Checkboxes appears very slowly in IE8
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 4:13 PM

Odd, I haven't encountered this - unless you actually mean that they don't appear until you mouse over the item in question which is a known issue that we have never managed to get to the bottom of.

Unfortunately debugging in IE8 is challenging at best and even more difficult when you have a sporadic issue that - IIRC - stops happening when you go to inspect the element with the developer tools!

If it helps, the various icons in Adapt (aside from those on the media player controls) are all fonts - see the vanilla font in the theme.

Picture of Kumar Ah
by Kumar Ah - Thursday, 22 February 2018, 4:30 AM

Matt, client statement is 'Multiple choice radio buttons load slower than rest of the content – this just looks to be an issue with IE8 browser. Anything that has radio buttons works this way. Not happening for checkboxes.'

So in IE8, the radio buttons in MCQ components loads slower. I have attached an image of the MCQ component with radio button.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 22 February 2018, 10:09 AM

Then sorry I have no suggestions - other than don't expect perfect performance from a browser that is nearly a decade old and which Microsoft discontinued all support for over two years ago ;-)