Picture of Simon Date
adaptfreelancer.com - making open source open to all
by Simon Date - Friday, 23 March 2018, 2:44 PM

Hi everyone,

My name's Simon Date. You may have seen me on the Adapt forums or Gitter channels or even met me at the Adapt Meetup London last year. I've got an exciting announcement that I decided to share on here. My previous and current job were both advertised here so I'm keen that it continues to thrive for potential hires and hirees.

I've decided to begin freelancing as a developer to help organisations and companies start using Adapt and to build cool stuff with it.

As an open source tool Adapt has some technical challenges to installing and using compared to other authoring tools, but I'm certain the challenges are worth it for the freedom that you are granted to have free software that you know will always be available to use, as well as an active development community working on both the core as well as the over 100 free plugins that can be found in the Plugin browser.

I've met lots of people who have been keen to start using Adapt but have been put off by the complexity behind getting started. Whilst there is options to use some of the great hosted versions of Adapt. You loose the main benefits of Adapt: you don't have the opportunities to make the modifications you will want to; you will have to pay a licence fee; if the company stops trading the existence of your courses will come into question.

I've seen people offer freelance services on here before but never anyone from the AdaptLearning group. I'm based in London and I've been working with Adapt almost daily for the last three years. I've worked on content development, theme development. I'm one of most frequent publishers of open source plugins. I created the Authoring Tool refresh with designers from other collaborating companies and I organised the free Adapt Meetup London event last year, attended by 120 Adapt experts and newbies.

I'm keen to share my experience and expertise with organisations and companies who are interested in an e-Learning authoring tool that has no limits and is truly scalable. No matter how big or small the problem.

email: simon@adaptfreelancer.com

Picture of Simon Date
Re: adaptfreelance.com - making open source open to all
by Simon Date - Tuesday, 27 February 2018, 10:34 AM

I've just realised that the domain isn't working correctly. You can connect fine if you leave out the (www) so just use: https://adaptfreelancer.com. From what I've read online it takes DNS servers a day or two to update so it should be working very soon!

Picture of Fabio Beoni
by Fabio Beoni - Tuesday, 27 February 2018, 2:22 PM

"...Adapt a la carte..." is fantastic! ;)  +100

Picture of Simon Date
by Simon Date - Tuesday, 27 February 2018, 2:55 PM

Grazie Fabio :)

Just to be clear I am still working for King's College London. This is just a side project so I can't dedicate myself for full time projects.

Picture of Pablo Sektman
by Pablo Sektman - Saturday, 3 March 2018, 3:21 AM

Hello Simon,

I sent you an email but I got it rejected because adaptfreelance.com is not working.

I would like to know if you install Adapt on AWS as a service.
If so how much do you charge?

Thanks!

pablosektman@gmail.com

Picture of James Sprenger
by James Sprenger - Saturday, 3 March 2018, 11:27 PM

The site is not sexude according to mySafari and Chrome . My browser blocked it. 

Picture of Simon Date
by Simon Date - Monday, 5 March 2018, 2:12 AM

Hi James,

I've just fixed the DNS settings so it should be working fine now. Sorry for the delay!