Picture of Tim Charlie
locked account
by Tim Charlie - Monday, 19 March 2018, 12:11 PM

Hello

Somebody of my Team has locked to much with a wrong password in our account.

So now we get the message:
"This account has been locked because of too many failed login attempts. You can unlock it by clicking the 'Forgotten your password?' button."

How i can solved this Problem without loosing all my courses, or without needing a new installation of adapt.
I cant use the button "forgot your password?" because in my personal acc with an email adress i dont get send a new password, and on the other acc we log in without an emailadress.... so i wanna get a new password with help the linux console in my ubuntu, can this works?

If it not possible to do that in this way, have i get the opportunity to copy all folders from my adapt on my disk and replace it with the new install adapt, or how i can secure my courses?

Regards
T.

Picture of Simon Date
Re: locked account
by Simon Date - Monday, 19 March 2018, 3:47 PM

Hi Tim,

Assuming you are running version 0.3 or higher of the Authoring Tool you should be able to access the User management on any Super admin or Tenant admin account. User management can be found in the hamburger menu in the top left.

From here you should have access to all the users of all tenancies and you can manage accounts including resetting passwords.

Picture of Tim Charlie
by Tim Charlie - Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 10:40 AM

I cant use this function in adapt, because i have only 2 account and i cant log in every account, so better to say how i can "hacked" my own password and get a new.

The Account who has an real email adress get

"Reset password

Your request is being processed. If the details you provided match our records, you will receive further instructions via email."

But this cant work, i dont get an email where i can reset my password. Has adapt a file where i can replace a new password or where i can delete all passwords .... i dont wanna loose all courses many hours of working.

Other Question, i have an old download courses where i can use in the case that i must install adapt new. How i can replace this course to my local files that i didnt loose this course in adapt. Or can i copy all files from local disk to my usb stick and replace, after a new install of adapt to get my old version of adapt?....

It looks like for me that Adapt can spend only courses, but didnt import stranger courses.

Picture of Tim Charlie
by Tim Charlie - Wednesday, 28 March 2018, 10:42 AM

Have nobody an option how i can unlocked with the linux terminal or with a new installation, without loosing all courses...?

Picture of Paul Hilton
by Paul Hilton - Wednesday, 28 March 2018, 2:17 PM

Hi Tim,

Do you have `"useSmtp": true` in your config? Thats needed to send the emails.

If it still doesnt work you may have been locked out now. 

Do you know your mongo password?

You could find your user in the user table and set "failedLoginCount" back to 0 (I think you get locked out when it gets to 5).

If you doesn't know your adapt password at all then you will need to do the step above and change your password manually in the DB (Adapt uses bcrypt).

Hope this helps.

Paul

Picture of Tim Charlie
by Tim Charlie - Thursday, 29 March 2018, 12:13 AM

Thanks a lot I have unlocked now, perfect!

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 4 April 2018, 4:50 PM

For anyone needing to reset their password manually in the database, have a look at this section on our troubleshooting page:

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Troubleshooting#how-do-i-change-my-password