Picture of Jared L
How to add a favicon?
by Jared L - Tuesday, 3 April 2018, 3:45 PM

Hi

How can I add a favicon to the vanilla theme?

I've created a folder called /favicon with favicon.ico in the theme -> adapt-contrib-vanilla -> assets folder

Update the theme index.html with <link rel="shortcut icon" href="adapt/assets/favicon/favicon.ico">

I build the course fine but no favicon is displayed and my line in index.html is gone.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: How to add a favicon?
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 3 April 2018, 4:25 PM

I'm guessing you have the spoor (SCORM tracking) plugin installed - in which case you need to update the two launch pages (index.html and index_lms.html) in there as well/instead

If you don't actually need SCORM tracking then it's probably easier to uninstall that plugin

Picture of Jared L
by Jared L - Tuesday, 3 April 2018, 5:11 PM

hmm I'm a bit confused.

I'm in src -> theme -> adapt-contrib-vanilla

I've been updating the index.html file - No index_lms.html in there. Should I be in the build folder?

favicon is in src -> theme -> adapt-contrib-vanilla -> assets -> favicon and is coming out into build -> assets -> favicon so that's good

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 3 April 2018, 5:59 PM

I'm confused also as there isn't normally an index.html in src > theme > adapt-contrib-vanilla !

There's one in the framework's src folder: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/blob/master/src/index.html

But if you are using the spoor plugin it will be overrwritten by this one. Additionally the spoor plugin adds an extra launch page which only gets used when the course is launched from an LMS.