Picture of Tim Charlie
CSS File
by Tim Charlie - Wednesday, 4 April 2018, 6:20 PM

Hello again,

i have another question. I use only to date the vanila theme, but i wanna replace the final adapt course version on a website and this looks very unaesthetic because the course is blue and the website has an green layout. I wanna use an css and replace the css in the final zip of the courses, but the css must work for diffrents courses, it would need to much time, so one css file for many courses, it is possible?

I speak here for colour changing of the blocks, to chance the size of arrows, to change the background, to put a graphic at the top etc....

I use the adapt authoring tool, and has not the highest css skills but i wanna try to make one final css file  that respect all my wishes, but this for all courses, i cant write 12 or more css files for complex courses.

Another question by the way is how i can embedding the final course on my website, to date i use iframe, but this is not the best working for this, another ideas?

Thanks and nice day!

Picture of Thomas Berger
Re: CSS File
by Thomas Berger - Friday, 6 April 2018, 6:32 AM

Hallo Tim,

you have two options to style a course in the AuthoringTool, a custom Theme or custom CSS added to each course directly in the AuthoringTool.

A custom theme is great for applying the same styling to a large number of courses. You must however create your own Theme (based on vanilla for instance).

Custom CSS added directly in the AuthoringTool is great for course specific styling. You may overwrite certain LESS-Variables for instance. You must however apply the styling manually to each course. This can become hard to maintain for a large number of courses. Thats why we recommend the usage of custom Themes.

Both soultions require basic knowledge of CSS / LESS. A good starter is this page: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Styling-your-course

Hope this is useful, you may drop me a PM if you prefer talking in german. 

Cheers

Thomas