Picture of Ted Curran
Firefox Knocks Server Offline?
by Ted Curran - Monday, 25 June 2018, 3:43 PM

We've been told by our Adapt sysadmin that accessing the Adapt authoring tool with Firefox results in crashes, but we haven't been able to get more information about that. Is this a known issue, and is there any progress towards a fix? 

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Firefox Knocks Server Offline?
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 25 June 2018, 4:24 PM

There are some open issues related to Firefox on the authoring tool repo but it's hard to say whether any of them is related to the problem you're reporting as there's not much to go on...

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 5:20 PM

Hi Ted,

There are no known issues with Firefox -- we'd need more specific information before we could investigate this:

• What version of FF
  • What version of the authoring tool
  • Server Node.js version
  • Server OS
  • Description of the problem & steps to reproduce
Picture of Ted Curran
by Ted Curran - Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 6:48 PM

Hi Tom,

Sorry I don't have more info. Our tech team has been short-staffed the last few months, and I only experienced this issue as an end user. I'll try and see if I can reproduce it, and then work with our tech team to get the information needed to investigate. 

Thanks-

Ted

Picture of James Wan
by James Wan - Sunday, 15 July 2018, 2:50 PM

Interesting, the reason I've come across this post is because I have had an issue with Firefox. I've been using chrome and decided to try out Firefox. I've noticed that everytime I preview and move from one section of my course to another the connection to the database is lost, and I have to run node server again. I'm using the authoring tool. 

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 16 July 2018, 8:52 AM

What's your setup (authoring tool version, node version, operating system, FF version)?