Picture of Adam Kemp
Problem getting started
by Adam Kemp - Friday, 18 July 2014, 2:03 PM

Hi Adapt Community!

As you have probably noticed from the subject heading, I am new to adapt learning. My background is HTML,CSS,JavaScript etc so I am very excited to get started creating responsive eLearning packages.

I am using Windows 7.

I started by going to the videos section on this website and started watching 'Getting started with Adapt for developers'. I followed the instructions - downloading Git and NodeJS. I then went into NodeJS Command Prompt and entered the $ npm install adapt-cli -g. I then received error messages (See images attached for reference).

Please help! What have I missed?

I have never used git or nodeJS before, do I need to do something with these?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Problem getting started
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 18 July 2014, 2:58 PM

Hi Adam

You should just need to restart to all the various environment variables the installers are trying to set to actually get set

You may still get the warning about the optional dependency buffertools but you can safely ignore that

Oh, and welcome!

me
Re: Problem getting started
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 8:59 AM

Hi Adam,

we have identified a general issue on the installation process and are working on this as a priority. There is an update available here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=352 - hoping this may be relevant and helpful.

Thanks,
Sven