Picture of Jason Lane
Image as link to asset
by Jason Lane - Tuesday, 17 July 2018, 12:59 AM

Hello all, is there a way to link a graphic file to an asset - without a text link. I want to link this png to an uploaded asset but I can't see how to acheive this using the graphic or hot graphic components (using Adapt Builder via Learning Pool).

Btw I'm trying to avoid the resources side bar since the assets don't download from the resources panel when using the Moodle Mobile app!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Image as link to asset
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 19 July 2018, 4:14 PM

Hi Jason

At the moment there isn't but personally I think it makes a lot of sense to modify the graphic component to allow for this. Just checking to see if anyone this this is a bad idea before I go ahead and do that.

That said, I'm not entirely sure it will work around the problem you're saying you have with putting the link into the resources panel...

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Friday, 20 July 2018, 8:52 AM

Good plan.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 20 July 2018, 11:11 AM

At the moment there isn't

ah, turns out I'm wrong and there is one - and embarrassingly for me it's one of ours! I only checked the plugin browser but it hadn't been published to that...

We still plan to update the existing graphic component to have this feature but that'll take some time and it'll probably be a future version that won't be AT compatible for a little while.

Picture of Jason Lane
by Jason Lane - Monday, 23 July 2018, 3:34 AM

Thanks for looking into this Matt. We use adapt builder via learning pool so I imagine it is up to their support team to upgrade the component when available?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 23 July 2018, 2:06 PM

Yes