Picture of Milton Plotkin
SCRIPT445 error on Internet Explorer 11
by Milton Plotkin - Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 12:46 AM

Hello Adapt community,

I've been developing several Adapt courses (and greatly enjoying working with the Adapt Framework by the way), but I'm having an issue with backwards compatibility. Specifically, they don't work on Internet Explorer.

The Internet Explorer console shows the following message:

SCRIPT445: Object doesn't support this action
adapt.min.js (3,1876)

According to my package.json, I've got Adapt Framework version "3.0.0". I am also aware that "Adapt no longer supports IE8, 9 & 10", however, the version of IE I am using is IE11.

Is there any solution to this issue, or is it just that the current version of Adapt is incompatible with IE11 as well?

Thanks in advance!

- Milun

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: SCRIPT445 error on Internet Explorer 11
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 9:15 AM

All versions of the Adapt framework and the plugins the adaptlearning github repository are IE11 compatible*.

If you build your course using grunt dev you'll be able to see exactly where the error is occurring.

* assuming IE11 is not running in Compatibility mode, Quirks mode or Enterprise mode - none of which are supported.

Picture of Milton Plotkin
Re: SCRIPT445 error on Internet Explorer 11
by Milton Plotkin - Thursday, 19 July 2018, 12:37 AM

Woooow... so, silly me, I had completely forgotten about grunt dev. And, my mistake, it wasn't Adapt's fault at all. I had just used:

var url = new URL(window.location.href);
var debugEnabled = url.searchParams.get("debug");

Which Internet Explorer didn't support. The grunt dev feature helped me find and fix it in minutes. Thank you so very much!

- Milun