Picture of Winston Ahsam
Course import failed - Encountered an unexpected file structure
by Winston Ahsam - Thursday, 2 August 2018, 12:06 PM

Hi,

I trying to import a course made in Adapt authoring tool 0.5.0 with Adapt framework 3.2.0 into another instance with the same setup but I get this error.

I even tried to import the very same course into the same Adapt instance but it throws the same error, meaning course can be made in v3.2.0 but when exporting it cannot be imported into another instance with same spec and also into the same instance. What am I doing wrong?

I keep getting this error: Unable to import course: [Encountered an unexpected file structure. Please check you have uploaded a valid export package and try again.]

Thanx for any advice

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Course import failed - Encountered an unexpected file structure
by Tom Taylor - Monday, 6 August 2018, 11:53 AM

Hi Winston, 

v3 of the framework isn't currently compatible with the authoring tool, as it has some extra quirks that need to be worked around (although as you've found, it is possible to install it).

Picture of Winston Ahsam
by Winston Ahsam - Tuesday, 7 August 2018, 9:46 AM

Hi Tom,

I very much appreciate the insight to this. I did not know. As I will need to reinstall and start over, can you please help by telling me which is the most stable versions for framework and tool to be installed. I am not a technical person and am new to this.

Appreciate the feedback.

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Tuesday, 7 August 2018, 12:06 PM

Hi Winston,

Any v2.x.x version of the framework will be fine (at time of writing, the latest version is v2.2.5).

There are two routes to getting this version:

1. If you wanted to keep your existing install, you can try running the upgrade script (i.e. node upgrade), entering n when asked if you want to update automatically, and entering tags/v2.2.5 when asked for the framework version (you can leave the authoring tool version blank). You can get a bit more information on upgrading here.
  2. You can also run the install script again (i.e. node install), and enter tags/v2.2.5 as the framework version.

Good luck, and let me know how you get on!