Picture of Jana Kemmer
SuccessFactors not tracking completion
by Jana Kemmer - Monday, 27 August 2018, 7:03 AM

Hello Adapters, 

we have a client that uses a course we've built in SuccessFactors. It is the same course we also host on moodle (co-partnered project, one hosted it itself, the other client had us host it). 

We now got a report that SuccessFactors is not tracking completion as expected. Multiple users finished it but they can't see that in their LMS. 

Since I don't have an account I can't test things and am a bit in the dark about the whole thing. The only useful input I got was "Need to make sure it is set to 100% of slide viewing for LMS tracking". 

It probably is something in the spoor part of the config, but I don't know what it could be.

This is what I have in the config.json:

"_spoor": {
"_isEnabled": true,
"_tracking": {
"_requireCourseCompleted": true,
"_requireAssessmentPassed": true,
"_shouldSubmitScore": true,
"_shouldStoreResponses": true,
"_shouldRecordInteractions": true
},
"_reporting": {
"_comment": "Your options here are 'completed', 'passed', 'failed', and 'incomplete'",
"_onTrackingCriteriaMet": "completed",
"_onAssessmentFailure": "incomplete",
"_resetStatusOnLanguageChange": false
}
},

Does anyone have an Idea? Would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: SuccessFactors not tracking completion
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 11:38 AM

Hi Jana

You've got it set to 'require all content completed' AND 'require assessment passed'... You don't mention whether the course contains an assessment or not but obviously if it doesn't that's going to be a problem.

Specifically on the Success Factors front, I've got some SF clients who insist that the course status (the _onTrackingCriteriaMet setting in spoor config) must be set to "passed" in order for the course to mark as completed on SF. But then equally I have several other SF clients who insist that this is nonsense and that "completed" works just fine...!

Picture of Jana Kemmer
by Jana Kemmer - Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 2:43 PM

Hey Matt, 

thank you so much for your reply! 
The course does contain an assessment, so I think I'm good on that front. 

I'm gonna try switching the attribute to passed. I suspected that it might be that their SuccessFactors listens for a different attribute, but wasn't sure wich one, or to what to change it to.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 3:24 PM

It may be the case that it only works with "passed" for courses that record a score...? Certainly there'd be no hamr in changing to "passed" so certainly worth a try.

Like you I have no direct access to this particular LMS so have never been able to verify any of this for myself, very frustrating.