Picture of Ahmed Hammadi
Custom CSS not working
by Ahmed Hammadi - Thursday, 30 August 2018, 2:36 PM

Hi All, I recently updated Adapt Authoring Tool but unfortunately since then most of the plug-ins from this site is not working (probably due to compatibility issue)! 

However my biggest problem now is I can't use Custom CSS/LESS code functionality (used to work perfectly before the upgrade) but when when I add code then try to preview the course I get "Error generating preview, please contact an administrator." message.

Is this a known issue or is it to do with my installation ? don't really want to re-install and lose all the projects I have there.

Thanks in advanced

Picture of Ahmed Hammadi
Re: Custom CSS not working
by Ahmed Hammadi - Sunday, 2 September 2018, 8:24 AM

The version of Adapt Authoring Tool I have installed is v0.5.0 (support course import) does anyone else having the same problem? 

Anyone with similar version can you please confirm if the custom CSS is working for you or not? Thanks

Picture of Barry Jenkin
by Barry Jenkin - Monday, 3 September 2018, 7:25 AM

My custom CSS is working fine in v0.5.0. Are your styles exactly the same as were used in a previous instance that was working?

Picture of Ahmed Hammadi
by Ahmed Hammadi - Monday, 3 September 2018, 11:53 AM

Thanks Barry for your confirmation, I actually ended up re-installing Adapt Tool and started from scratch so no courses created but custom CSS still not working!

Am not doing anything fancy just simple changing background colour of a component.

Not really sure what will be my next step but I will do some research and see what I can find.

Picture of Tom Greenfield
by Tom Greenfield - Monday, 3 September 2018, 2:13 PM

Just pasting this here in case this helps: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/issues/2052.