Picture of Roshan Chettri
one component to another
by Roshan Chettri - Saturday, 19 July 2014, 9:51 PM

First of all , Adapt = cool stuff :) ! and a ...      

Use case: let’s say, in hotgraphic i have a spot, on click of it, i want to display text input/ mcq etc (actually vice versa) 

Extending the same...

• Currently presentation component like "hotgraphic" has configurations to display information

eg

"_component": "hotgraphic",

"_items": [

{

"title": "Introduction",

"body": "With the advent of m ....

• How can we call any other/Question component instead

Technically as everything is in premise of javascript , we should be able to do it, just dont know if the framework has API/hooks to allow the same . As this would allow more interactive learning

Any guidance would be really appreciated

Re: one component to another
by Roshan Chettri - Monday, 21 July 2014, 5:46 PM

:( no response yet... I just wanted to know if its possible in current adapt framework, or should i write my component with inbuilt questioner and presentation layers or call URL of one lesson with the same. overkill :(

Aniket Dharia
by Aniket Dharia - Monday, 21 July 2014, 6:38 PM

Hey Roshan Apologies for the delayed response. Currently this feature is not supported. I will dicuss with the team and try to bring in a section for feature request where you can post this. 

But if you really need this to be done you can edit the current hot graphic and add your code for adding an input box. If you are not able to do it let me know.  I can suggest few ways. 

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Monday, 21 July 2014, 7:22 PM

Hey Roshan,

There's a plugin called triggered. This allows components to be hidden and triggered on a click just like a hot graphic would. You could then style the block or article with the hot spot graphic.

Hope this helps,

Daryl

by Roshan Chettri - Monday, 21 July 2014, 7:38 PM

this just saved lot of coding :) thanks Daryl

by Roshan Chettri - Monday, 21 July 2014, 7:49 PM

Thank you Aniket, actually my fault i posted on weekend and late night :) Daryl has suggested plugin for the same , though this is my requirement in a way(need kind of link list scenario in my case) , let me implement and see if i can nail it .