Picture of paul diaper
Creating custom theme
by paul diaper - Thursday, 13 September 2018, 10:19 AM

I had a little success creating a custom theme for a bit. 

Followed the procedure for deleting themes outlined here when I wanted to remove one:

https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2061#p9165

But after a while although I can upload the custom theme successfully.
I now get this error reported:

Running "javascript:compile" (javascript) task
Fatal error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\adapt\temp\5b97afcbf20a592fdcc7e1eb\adapt_framework\src\theme\adapt-contrib-vanilla\js\theme-block.js'
In module tree:
core/js/app
theme/old-pauls-brew/js/paul

It appears to be that it is trying to access a file in the vanilla theme (but the path is wrong for the vanilla theme as well). Not sure how the theme/code is deciding to use that path. It's not in the bower.json file.

Picture of paul diaper
Re: Creating custom theme
by paul diaper - Monday, 17 September 2018, 12:59 PM

The only solution was to re-install Adapt.

I am working on a test theme based on Vanilla but this time I am just incrementing the version number each time I upload it for testing. Seems to be a much better way of developing a theme.

This has probably already been requested, but a displayed theme version list and an associated deletion option would be very useful. It would be useful if an earlier version of a theme could be selected from the list.

Better management of the themes would be very useful.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 17 September 2018, 2:10 PM

If you're not doing so already, you'll find it a lot easier to do things like theme development using the framework. Once you've got it all working as you want there, bump the version and upload to the authoring tool for a (hopefully!) final test.

Picture of Daniel Seixas
by Daniel Seixas - Tuesday, 18 September 2018, 9:03 AM

FWIW, when we're trying small changes (or not so small) we work directly on the temp folder of the adapt authoring:

<adapt_folder>/temp/<tenat_id>/adapt_framework/src/theme/

Then, to view the changes, it's mandatory to change the test course theme to (ie) vanilla > Save > change back to test theme > Save ... This is important, because it forces AA to reload the files. 

Once you're happy with your theme (also works with components and menus) you download the files and create a proper theme file with a new version number.

Picture of paul diaper
by paul diaper - Monday, 24 September 2018, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the replies.