Picture of Amit Kumar
Adapt Framework Installation
by Amit Kumar - Wednesday, 19 September 2018, 10:53 AM

Hi, 

I am using Adapt Framework, and trying to install manually. I've downloaded and installed Node.js (8.12.0 LTS) and Grunt (2.19.0) for Window 7. I've also downloaded adapt framework from "https://www.adaptlearning.org/index.php/adapt-framework/#1448832165882-db8ed7da-7cd12736-ee2c" in zip format.

Now trying to install grunt-cli using 'npm install grunt-cli -g' in command prompt but errors are showing as attached image. 

Picture of Chetan Hajare
Re: Adapt Framework Installation
by Chetan Hajare - Wednesday, 19 September 2018, 11:39 AM

Hi Amit,

From the above image, you might have poor internet connection or bandwidth at that time. Can you please try it again after some time?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 19 September 2018, 11:41 AM

As it says in the screenshot you included: "This is a problem related to network connectivity. In most cases you are behind a proxy or have bad network settings. If you are behind a proxy, please make sure that the 'proxy' config is set properly."

If you search the forums for 'proxy' you should find some posts related to this.

Picture of Amit Kumar
by Amit Kumar - Wednesday, 19 September 2018, 11:52 AM

I've configured proxy and then try again. image is attached for related error.

System  configuration: Window 7 64-bit OS

Software installed:

Git-2.18.0-64-bit

node-v8.12.0-x64

Picture of Amit Kumar
by Amit Kumar - Thursday, 20 September 2018, 10:16 AM

Can anyone have solution of Error "400 Bad Request" which is attached previously?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 20 September 2018, 10:54 AM

It's really an NPM problem rather than an Adapt problem, so you might want to try searching more widely... I know there's one or two people who have mentioned using proxies on here before but it's a pretty rare setup amongst this community.

There is a bit more information here if that helps at all.