Picture of Igor Anic
Creating a package - Adapt Framework
by Igor Anic - Friday, 28 September 2018, 6:44 AM

Hello

I have built a course using Adapt Framework and want to import it to a hosting platform. Best I've done so far is to upload the zipped build folder to SCORM Cloud. The other platforms I've tested are Opigno and Docebo. In these two platforms my course ends up as a single question (the whole course is displayed in what would be a question window in opigno and docebo).

The only way to build a package from what I've read in the docs is to zip the resulting build folder. This does not make a imsmanifest for me however, which scorm requires. Right now I have a imsmanifest that only references index.html, from what I've read about scorm packages all the resources should be referenced in this file. Is there some command to create an imsmanifest file automatically or instructions on how to create one manually?

//Igor

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Creating a package - Adapt Framework
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 28 September 2018, 9:11 AM

Hi Igor

If you download the framework using adapt create course, build it using grunt build then zip up the contents of the build folder; that will give you a SCORM 1.2 compatible zip containing an imsmanifest file.

The vast majority of learning management systems do NOT require you to list every single file in the course in imsmanifest.xml, which is why the Adapt framework does not do this.

The only LMS I have ever encountered that did require all files to be listed was from so long ago I have forgotten the name of it. I certainly haven't encountered one that requires this in the last 5 years or so.

Picture of Igor Anic
by Igor Anic - Tuesday, 2 October 2018, 8:25 AM

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the answer.

I found out that my adapt-cli or the course was corrupt somehow and reinstalled everything. grunt build did not generate an imsmanifest file. After reinstalling everything and copying over my content to a new course it worked.

Picture of Igor Anic
by Igor Anic - Tuesday, 2 October 2018, 1:09 PM

I have successfully managed to build the course now. The problem with the whole course ending up as a question in the various LMS I have tried still remains though. The points system gets thrown out the window as the whole course counts as one point in the LMS. Only on scorm cloud do I get the result I am after.

My packaged course consists of several articles, and each article has some information and questions unique to that article.

Can you tell me what LMS you have used in the past together with Adapt?

//Igor

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 2 October 2018, 2:04 PM

Lots! Here's a few off the top of my head:

• Saba
  • Success Factors
  • Cornerstone onDemand
  • SumTotal
  • Moodle
  • Totara
  • Syntrio