Picture of Joseph Bianchi
Framework Adapt Spoor - Moodle Records
by Joseph Bianchi - Thursday, 11 October 2018, 6:57 PM

I'm trying to find SCORM (or spoor) events is Moodle, and really trying to tie Moodle reporting and moodle course completion to my Adapt Learning SCORM file.

I've uploaded the course: Course completion is not getting triggered - although _isCourseComplete:true in my localhost log (see attached) when I play a youtube (media component) - which is what I want - this isn't translating to moodle reports > logs or evident on dashboard for completion.

Also, how can I see events in Moodle such as content-objects viewed (or pages visited), in my Adapt course - how can I see video's have been played in my Moodle records.

Ultimately, I'm having trouble linking logs, and content viewed (pages visited) and videos/audio watched - and translating these events into a course being complete.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Framework Adapt Spoor - Moodle Records
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 12 October 2018, 9:33 AM

Course completion is not getting triggered

You've got _requireAssessmentPassed set to true; if your course doesn't have an assessment it will be impossible for the learner to meet this requirement and so they will never be able to complete the course.

how can I see events in Moodle such as content-objects viewed (or pages visited), in my Adapt course - how can I see video's have been played in my Moodle records

SCORM doesn't handle tracking to that level of detail. You need to use xAPI if you want to track to that level of detail. Adapt has an xAPI plugin, it's still 'beta' but quite a few people have been using it successfully. We have an xAPI chat room here, in there you will find some useful links to learning resources.

Picture of Joseph Bianchi
by Joseph Bianchi - Friday, 12 October 2018, 2:45 PM

Thank you for your response - much appreciated.

Can I ask - what is the best way to use xAPI (with Adapt via plugin), and an open source or free LMS (such as moodle - which I believe currently doesn't have xAPI integration).

Do you have any recomendations for this?

Thank you!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 12 October 2018, 3:49 PM

xAPI isn't something I have a lot of direct experience with, sorry. If you don't get any responses on here it might be an idea to popup into Adapt's xAPI chat room to see if anyone there can advise.