Picture of James Yorke
Authoring tool - cant install themes
by James Yorke - Saturday, 13 October 2018, 5:12 PM

Hi have recently updated to authoring tool 0.6.0. and framework 3.0 and noticed my custom theme was not previewing - get an error contact admin when trying.

I have now noticed that I cant upload themes either and see the following error in the cmd window - anyone got any ideas please?

TypeError: Cannot read property '_id' of undefined
    at C:\Users\James\adapt_authoring\plugins\content\bower\index.js:603:35
    at copyDirItems (C:\Users\James\adapt_authoring\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy\copy.js:170:21)
    at err (C:\Users\James\adapt_authoring\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy\copy.js:181:14)
    at fs.chmod.err (C:\Users\James\adapt_authoring\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy\copy.js:122:12)
    at C:\Users\James\adapt_authoring\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:239:18
    at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:111:15)

Thanks

James

Picture of kirsty leeder
Re: Authoring tool - cant install themes
by kirsty leeder - Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 3:30 PM

Hi James - I don't have an answer (sorry) but i am having exactly the same problem uploading a theme to the Authoring Tool, running on a local instance on my laptop.  My TypeError message is the same (except the folder structure of course). The only slight different is I just get a 'Plugin Upload Fail' error, nothing about contacting an admin.

Yesterday I was already having a problem uploading a theme and decided to upgrade to the latest version (v0.6.0, framework 2.2.7) to see if that would resolve it.  I can't be certain that the issue before the upgrade was exactly the same, as I didn't screen shot it, but I think it was.  As you know the update, it didn't resolve the issue. 

The last time I successfully installed a customised theme (where I had just adjusted colours) was back in July.  I have run two updates since then including yesterdays.

I have also tried taking a new copy of vanilla and just changing the name making the four main changes that need to be reflected in Bower file, with no LESS changes, and that won't upload either.

I'm happy to help try and resolve the issue but at the moment I am scratching my head on this one.

After I have tried to upload, I also find that I have to restart the tool from scratch as it seems to lose the connection, and won't even let me log out.  If I try to refresh the browser window I get a connection lost error message.

I have tried looking at the files that TypeError indicates, but I don't know enough to be able to identify the problem. 

Picture of James Yorke
by James Yorke - Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 4:32 PM

Hi Kirsty, I actually managed to fix my issue by uninstalling Node and Mongo and then reinstalling the latest versions.

I didn't think I had Mongo installed correctly as it wasn't running as a service unless I ran the exe file now all is well and working (though if I'm honest I then moved onto using a hosted version of Adapt and a variant of the tool (evolve) as the setup was far too fiddly)

good luck with it all!!

James

Picture of Tom Greenfield
by Tom Greenfield - Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 4:22 PM

What version of Node are you running?

Picture of kirsty leeder
by kirsty leeder - Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 5:12 PM

Hi Tom, my node version is 6.13.0.

I didn't look at this as I had been successful with an upload before.  Do you know what version I need to be running?

Thanks

Kirsty

- Good to know you were able to sort your problem James - maybe I need to reinstall something too. 

Picture of kirsty leeder
by kirsty leeder - Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 6:01 PM

Just looked back at the install wiki page and it says node v 8 - so I guess that needs to be my next step.

Thanks for the nudge on this Tom.

Kirsty

Picture of kirsty leeder
by kirsty leeder - Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 6:18 PM

Ok - installed node version 8.12

All working now.

I'll make a note to check back on installation wiki for latest version recommendations.

Thanks again for your help.

Kirsty

Picture of Tom Greenfield
by Tom Greenfield - Thursday, 1 November 2018, 10:39 AM

No worries, Kirsty.

We've added a Node version check for the next release of the authoring tool so hopefully this will be much clearer going forwards.