Picture of Marissa Preciado
Plugin Install Error - frameworkPackagePath
by Marissa Preciado - Thursday, 1 November 2018, 8:41 PM

Using Adapt-cli to install plugins, I get the error: 

Error: { '0': ReferenceError: frameworkPackagePath is not defined

at parse (/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/lib/Project.js:65:36)

at Project.add (/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/lib/Project.js:37:20)

at /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/lib/commands/install.js:293:29

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

at /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/lib/commands/install.js:292:40

at _fulfilled (/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/q/q.js:854:54)

at self.promiseDispatch.done (/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/q/q.js:883:30)

at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/q/q.js:816:13)

at /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/q/q.js:624:44

at runSingle (/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13) }\

I also get this error when running other commands like adapt ls. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what might be going on?

Thanks!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Plugin Install Error - frameworkPackagePath
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 2 November 2018, 9:38 AM

What version of the adapt-cli are you running?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 2 November 2018, 10:53 AM

actually never mind, we can replicate... https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-cli/issues/101

If you choose 'No' at the  "Update the manifest (adapt.json)?" prompt, it should install plugins fine. You can then either update adapt.json yourself or just leave it, it's not essential to keep it up-to-date.

by Marissa Preciado - Friday, 2 November 2018, 3:41 PM

Yes, that gets me passed the error however I still get the same error when trying to run other commands like "ls". I thought it may be an error relating to my installation of node so I attempted to uninstall node and reinstall everything from the beginning however now I seem to be unable to get adapt-cli even installed. This is the error I am getting trying to run "npm install adapt-cli"

/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/bin/adapt -> /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/bin/adapt

> nodegit@0.22.2 install /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit

> node lifecycleScripts/preinstall && node lifecycleScripts/install

[nodegit] Running pre-install script

[nodegit] Configuring libssh2.

{ Error: Command failed: /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure --with-libssl-prefix=/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/openssl/openssl

/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure: line 2059: config.log: Permission denied

/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure: line 2069: config.log: Permission denied

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:276:12)

at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)

at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)

at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:915:16)

at Socket.stream.socket.on (internal/child_process.js:336:11)

at emitOne (events.js:116:13)

at Socket.emit (events.js:211:7)

at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:561:12)

killed: false,

code: 1,

signal: null,

cmd: '/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure --with-libssl-prefix=/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/openssl/openssl' }

/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure: line 2059: config.log: Permission denied

/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure: line 2069: config.log: Permission denied

[nodegit] ERROR - Could not finish preinstall

{ Error: Command failed: /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure --with-libssl-prefix=/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/openssl/openssl

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:276:12)

at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)

at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)

at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:915:16)

at Socket.stream.socket.on (internal/child_process.js:336:11)

at emitOne (events.js:116:13)

at Socket.emit (events.js:211:7)

at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:561:12)

killed: false,

code: 1,

signal: null,

cmd: '/Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/libssh2/configure --with-libssl-prefix=/Users/mac27-2k/.nvm/versions/node/v6.11.1/lib/node_modules/adapt-cli/node_modules/nodegit/vendor/openssl/openssl' }

npmERR!code ELIFECYCLE

npmERR!errno 1

npmERR! nodegit@0.22.2 install: `node lifecycleScripts/preinstall && node lifecycleScripts/install`

npmERR! Exit status 1

npmERR! 

npmERR! Failed at the nodegit@0.22.2 install script.

npmERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

I do not understand why it is referencing node v6.11.1 because running node --version shows 8.12.0. I clearly have no idea what I'm doing so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 2 November 2018, 4:34 PM

I still get the same error when trying to run other commands like "ls". I thought it may be an error relating to my installation of node

Yes, as I mentioned earlier we can replicate this issue and have logged a ticket and issued a fix which just needs to be signed off by two others and then a new version of the adapt-cli will be released.

Your first post showed /Users/mac/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/ in the path so I'm guessing you did something in between that post and the later one - I see it says .nvm in the path which indicates you're using NVM to manage node versions, so perhaps you somehow switched back to the older version when you attempted to uninstall Node? If you're running NVM you really need to use NVM itself to install/uninstall/change node versions.

by Marissa Preciado - Friday, 2 November 2018, 6:57 PM

Ok, I fixed the issue relating to node. I seemed to have a phantom version of node installed. I was able to uninstall and reinstall and get adapt back up and running.

I am still having the frameworkPackagePath error. For reference, I'm using CLI version 2.1.2 and framework version 2.2.7. If I choose "N" to update the manifest, the plugin does not get installed. I get the message "There was a problem locating the following plugins:" For now, I can just continue installing the plugins manually. Thanks!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 5 November 2018, 10:09 AM

I am still having the frameworkPackagePath error.

Yes, you will continue to have this error until the fix for this issue is approved, merged and released.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 5:22 PM

This should be fixed now, please update to v2.1.3 by running npm update -g adapt-cli

by Marissa Preciado - Friday, 14 December 2018, 11:04 PM

I'm still getting the error "There was a problem locating the following plugins:" When trying to install any plugins from the CLI.

Currently using:

CLI: 2.1.5

Framework: 2.2.7

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 17 December 2018, 4:31 PM

Sorry I'm not sure why that would be the case - it's working fine for me: