Picture of Kevin Jones
SCORM Server options
by Kevin Jones - Thursday, 24 July 2014, 10:38 AM

Hey guys, nearly finished with the distractions before i can continue trying to contribute to the cause... meanwhile i've been 'preaching' Adapt to people inside our organisation getting them mentally prepped for the migration ;-) so far the response to some internal examples has mostly been summed up as 'WOW!' and 'COOL'... they're practically falling over to see more...

I have one minor snag though - internally we run a 'custom' SCORM server. I won't lie, its not compliant and well as a result my modules in Adapt are not going to work in it.

Does anyone have a vanilla (definition : simple and bare essentials) SCORM server solution that is possibly free. It doesn't have to be something a client would use, more for internal developers only and possibly demo links for review?

All ideas welcome, server stack doesn't matter that much.

What does everyone here use?

Picture of Chris Jones
Re: SCORM Server options
by Chris Jones - Thursday, 24 July 2014, 11:20 AM

If you want a lightweight SCORM host, you can use https://github.com/SpongeUK/barnacle.js. Add it to the hosting webpage to set up a SCORM API and you can receive SCORM by calling API.setup.

API.setup({
   onCommit: function(event) {

console.log(event.state);

});

Picture of Kevin Jones
by Kevin Jones - Thursday, 24 July 2014, 11:34 AM

Cheers Chris, thats pretty neat.. I will give that go when i come to deploying an example. Appreciated!

Picture of Kevin Jones
by Kevin Jones - Friday, 25 July 2014, 11:07 AM

Apart from a spoof wrapper to let me run SCORM behaviour without errors (useful), does anyone have  any suggestions on Scorm complian LMS's that are open source and really really simple to use... oh and free to install/manage yourself is ideal too?

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Friday, 25 July 2014, 12:00 PM

Hey Kevin,

Is Moodle an option?

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Chris Jones
by Chris Jones - Friday, 25 July 2014, 12:44 PM
Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 29 July 2014, 3:41 PM

SCORM Cloud isn't open source though....