Picture of Erik Wotring
Matching dropdown styling
by Erik Wotring - Friday, 4 January 2019, 10:46 PM

I'm having some trouble applying styling within each of the options in the drop-down for the matching component. I see a lot of toString() conversions that occur in select2.js. Has anyone tried to, for example, apply subscript html tags to numbers in chemical names in one of these options?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Matching dropdown styling
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 7 January 2019, 12:52 PM

Funny you should mention this, we've just been discussing this component in the Adapt weekly standup and have decided to drop Select2 as it's

• pretty much impossible to make accessible to the new standard we're aiming for with Adapt v4
  • horrible to style (as you've discovered)

If you can wait a few weeks we're hoping to have the new version ready to go fairly soon...

Picture of Erik Wotring
by Erik Wotring - Monday, 7 January 2019, 5:20 PM

Thanks. Not sure the update will be ready in time for this project, but we found a workaround with the text content. Looking forward to the update for future projects, though.

Picture of James Rea
by James Rea - Tuesday, 8 January 2019, 11:29 AM

Hi Eric,

I see you've already made a workaround, but if it's any help we've just uploaded a fix for this.

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-matching

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 22 March 2019, 4:40 PM

OK, stretching the definition of 'a few weeks' ever so slightly - but the new 'no select2' version of matching has now been released.