Picture of PJ M
Building/editing a single course using both the Framework (without AT) and the AT
by PJ M - Monday, 7 January 2019, 4:22 PM

Is it possible to build/edit content using both just the Framework and with the Authoring Tool?
I guess I'm thinking, is it ok to use the AT to build the structure of a course with placeholder text and images.
Then edit the AT created files directly using a text editor to populate with correct text and image references?
With this approach would the AT pick up and display edits made using the text editor, if the course was opened in the AT?

T.I.A.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Building/editing a single course using both the Framework (without AT) and the AT
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 7 January 2019, 5:06 PM

Yes that would work though you'd need to export from the authoring tool, make your edits then re-import the amended content. So you'd need to be using a version of the authoring tool that supports course import (v0.5.0 or better).

I would have thought it would be quicker to build the structure of a course in the framework though; either by copying an existing course as a 'template' or by using tools like adapt-setup and csveat