Picture of Felix Sintes
Can't see the course while using grunt server
by Felix Sintes - Thursday, 17 January 2019, 4:39 PM

Hi!

I installed the Adapt Framework v3.0 and tried to launch the grunt server command to view the defeult course, without changing anything, but the browser keeps loading and I have this error in the console:

Uncaught Error: One or more components of type "text" were included in the course - but no component of that type is installed...

Anyone had this problem?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Can't see the course while using grunt server
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 17 January 2019, 5:17 PM

Sounds like something went wrong during the part of the process where the plugins get installed... if you look in the src folder do you see subfolders called 'components', 'extensions', 'menu' and 'theme'? And specifically related to this error do you have a folder called 'adapt-contrib-text' in src/components?

If it looks like any of the above is missing, try running adapt install.

Picture of Felix Sintes
by Felix Sintes - Thursday, 17 January 2019, 5:26 PM

No I don't have these. i tried to run the command in my folder but I have the message attached.

A colleague of mine tried to do the installation process as well and has the exact same problem.

Picture of Felix Sintes
by Felix Sintes - Thursday, 17 January 2019, 5:48 PM

Here the verions I use:

CLI: 2.1.5

Framework: 3.3.0
v10.15.0

Windows 10 pro

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 17 January 2019, 6:10 PM

Is there anything on your local network that might be blocking access to github, specifically via the git:// protocol?

I've just checked on a very similar setup (CLI v2.1.5, Node 10.13.0, Win10 Pro) and it works fine...