Picture of Lars Halkjær
Hiding settings in AT plug-in editors
by Lars Halkjær - Tuesday, 29 January 2019, 8:56 AM

Is it possible through the schema files to hide settings for a plug-in (extension/component) in the AT properties editors, but still make the settings appear in the database using default values so they eventually get exported to the course's json files?

The reason behind this would be to create "light"-versions of plugins for users who might get overwhelmed by the number of settings on a plug-in.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Hiding settings in AT plug-in editors
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 29 January 2019, 10:13 AM

It's not - but I think this would be a very useful feature, and would go well with the concept of default settings.

In fact you might even take it a step further and have it so that authors with low-level permissions are not actually allowed to change certain settings.

Picture of Mike Stevens
by Mike Stevens - Tuesday, 29 January 2019, 10:31 AM

Hi Lars,

you can actually use like in HTML type hidden like one would use in a HTML form. I attached an example.

Picture of Lars Halkjær
by Lars Halkjær - Tuesday, 29 January 2019, 12:34 PM

Hi Mike

Thank you - that seems to work!

I actually only had to set "inputType" to "Hidden" (if I set "type" to "hidden" it seems to generate an error, but I haven't investigated it).

It would be great to be able to mark fields as "advanced" and either let the user toggle the viewing of these or let the user role select.
The number of choices can be a little overwhelming for new or more casual users.