Picture of Saral Sharma
Hide Submitted questions
by Saral Sharma - Monday, 18 February 2019, 3:59 PM

Hi,

I have created an assessment in latest AT.

Currently it works as follows:

When user clicks submit button it disable the question and show Continue button. When user click on Continue button it takes to next question and at end to the result page. But because user can see all the disabled questions, user gets tempted to change it :)

Is it possible to hide or remove the question(once submitted) rather than disable it?

Cheers,

Saral

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Hide Submitted questions
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 20 February 2019, 10:48 AM

But because user can see all the disabled questions, user gets tempted to change it

Change what?

Picture of Saral Sharma
by Saral Sharma - Wednesday, 20 February 2019, 2:56 PM

Thanks Matt for your response,

If user see the previously attempted question, then user tempt to change the selected options (after finding answers from google or somewhere else).

Hence I want to remove the complete question block rather than just freeze the, options and Submit button.

FYI, we are giving only 3 attempts for the whole assessment, and each time question picked-up from bank and randomise.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Your help is much appreciated,

Saral

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 20 February 2019, 3:40 PM

Well I'm not really sure even hiding the question would help with that since someone could google the answers BEFORE answering the question - or write down the questions as they go etc.

No, this functionality certainly does not exist anywhere in the core plugins nor I am aware of any 3rd party plugin that handles this - but you could use the various classes that are applied to achieve the effect you need using CSS.

Picture of Saral Sharma
by Saral Sharma - Wednesday, 20 February 2019, 4:07 PM

Thanks again for your response,

I am able to remove the Options and Submit button through CSS but not the question itself. Actually I set the "Display" property to "none" of "submitted" class.

Then I thought to modify MCQ component and tried to duplicate the Contrib MCQ component with different name (without changing any code) and tried to import in AT but could not succeed. Though I followed below instructions to duplicate the component:

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Developers-guide:-components

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Developing-plugins

Though, I created a separate thread about modifying contrib component. Please share if you find any help about this or if you get time to have a look at attached component.

Cheers,

Saral

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 20 February 2019, 6:48 PM

well the submitted class is only added to the mcq-widget div so, although I'm no CSS expert, I think it would be difficult to hide the entire question using that class.

I'd be more inclined to try to use the completed class that's attached to the component div instead; almost certainly in combination with a selector that specifies that its ancestor must have a class of assessment - and quite possibly in combination with a selector that requires the component div to have a question-component class as well.

Equally I suspect you could write an extension that listens for questions being answered, checks to see if they are part of an assessment and then hides them via JS.

I actually did see your other post but I'll reply on that thread so as not to get things mixed up