Picture of Petr Kovar
Background audio
by Petr Kovar - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 4:07 AM

Hello,

I have looked through the plugins page and done some extensive searching on github, but I cannot find a plugin that allows for background audio to play. I have seen a module in the Adapt showcase which appears to be using audio along with Trickle to show a continue button after a voiceover file finishes. Now this voiceover plays automatically and so there isn't an actual audio player visible if that makes sense.

Is anyone aware of a plugin that can achieve this? Background audio is very useful in eLearning.

Picture of Matthias Hintenberger
Re: Background audio
by Matthias Hintenberger - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 5:24 AM

Look for Adapt Audio plugin in! 

It may help! 

Picture of Petr Kovar
by Petr Kovar - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 5:37 AM

Hi Matthias, do you mean a built in plugin or another one? I only have the media component in my version of the authoring tool, there isn't an audio component. And the only audio plugin I was able to find is the one by cgKineo which is not finished.Can you point me in the right direction please.

by Matthias Hintenberger - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 6:18 AM

I played around with adapt-audio as mentioned and it work well for me! 

Picture of Petr Kovar
by Petr Kovar - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 10:16 PM

Hi Matthias, I cannot see an audio component in my version of Adapt (see screenshot below) and it is also not listed in my list of components or extensions. The only plugin close is the media component which as mentioned doesn't have a play in background option, it puts an entire media player on screen.

Can you please be more specific by what you mean when you say adapt-audio, eg. provide the github link.

Component list

by Matthias Hintenberger - Wednesday, 6 March 2019, 4:52 AM

It is an extension and you need to upload it to your authoring tool, its not part of the core bundle! 

github.com/cgkineo/adapt-audio

You find it also in the plugin browser! 

Picture of Petr Kovar
by Petr Kovar - Wednesday, 6 March 2019, 5:03 AM

Hi Matthias, as mentioned in my previous reply, the cgkineo plugin doesn't work for me, it causes an error when uploading. Possibly because it doesn't have a properties.schema file. Did you make any modifications to it for it to work with your authoring tool?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 6 March 2019, 10:13 AM

The Kineo audio plugin isn't authoring tool compatible - and can't be made to be because of the way it's currently necessary to modify each component that needs to have audio support.

This is something we're looking improve with future versions of Adapt.

If the example module you're referring to is this one, it wasn't built using the authoring tool.

Picture of Petr Kovar
by Petr Kovar - Thursday, 7 March 2019, 12:18 AM

Hi Matt, thank you for clarifying that. I was referring to the fire safety module where the continue button is timed to the background voiceover finishing.

No problems at all if it isn't possible at the moment, I just thought I would check because voiceover is very useful for eLearning.