Picture of Sébastien Bonte
Publishing course
by Sébastien Bonte - Wednesday, 30 July 2014, 11:12 PM

Hi everybody,

i'm a newbie in programming, actually i'm not a programmer but I study computing to create some course, i manage to run the framework and to build my own course but for publishing, I have some problems.

First, if I clearly understand, it works in python, that's why it's work with grunt server command.

I can imagine that's why it doen't work when i open myself the index file on build section.

So, my website is on apache, i upload the build archive by ftp, and obviouly it doesn't work!

I suppose I need a python server? is'nt it?

So I read about mod_apache, but i didn't understand how to process, and my host answer me that I need a cloud server to work python, expensive and unknow for me.

Someone can help me about the best choice and solution? I know my question is out of the adapt development but i just need simple answer to know how can i do to run the adapt code after building the code.

Thanks you for any help

Sébastien

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Publishing course
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 31 July 2014, 1:26 PM

Salut Sébastien!

No, it doesn't use Python at all. Grunt server is actually using Node.js to create local web server.

The course output is pure HTML/JS/CSS so requires nothing but a regular web server to run.

If you just run the files locally (i.e. by double-clicking index.html) then you'll probably find that it won't run due to the security settings of whatever browser you're using.

There are ways to turn this off - but to be honest it's much easier to load the content onto a web server. You can easily set one up on your PC/Mac by using Fenix Web Server or something similar.

Ideally you would actually use a SCORM compliant Learning Management System such as Moodle or SCORM Cloud as this will all the content to track what the user has done between sessions.

If you aren't running the content on a SCORM compliant LMS then you should uninstall the contrib-spoor plugin then build your course again.

hope this helps

Matt Leathes

by Sébastien Bonte - Friday, 1 August 2014, 12:56 PM

Salut Matt,

very helpful for mim! Very thank you.

Indeed, i don't need to use SCORM so i will try to uninstall the contrib-spoor. And i will see.

Best regards

Sébastien

by Sébastien Bonte - Saturday, 2 August 2014, 12:05 PM

Hi,

as i don't need the SCORM content, i try to uninstall the contrib-spoor, but i realized that he wasn't installed.

How can i inactived the SCORM content to run the index file on any web server?

Thank you

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 4 August 2014, 8:24 AM

then you shouldn't need to do anything else. can you provide a link to what you've uploaded so that we can see exactly what is not working? if not, please provide details about how exactly it's not working, providing screenshots where appropriate.

by Sébastien Bonte - Monday, 4 August 2014, 4:07 PM

I built the adapt code without without the adapt-contrib-spoor- line in adapt.json, it's there:

http://lalternative.com.br/build/index.html

it's just loading...

Strangely, it's working locally on firefox but not on chrome, and it's not working from the server on both of them!

Thank you for your help

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 4 August 2014, 4:59 PM

You're getting an error "Unable to load course/config.json".

Maybe your server needs the JSON mime-type setting up: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=255&parent=1309

By default Chrome won't run content locally unless you have a local web server or you start Chrome with a certain command line switch, sorry I forget which one.

by Sébastien Bonte - Monday, 4 August 2014, 6:00 PM

I added the following line in the header of index,html:

<script src="course/en/config.json" type="application/json" language="javascript"></script>

but no changes, is that wrong? 

Or, i didn't do the right process?

Thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 5 August 2014, 9:59 AM

that's not right, it's something you have to do to the server not the content.

if you google something like 'add json mime type' along with the type of your web server (e.g. apache or IIS) you should get the answer.