Picture of Alex Manzoni
Changing/removing course title in each top navigation banner
by Alex Manzoni - Thursday, 25 April 2019, 5:10 PM

Hello everybody,

I have an adapt course that I'm working on. It's divided in 3 separate modules. It's on the adapt framework (version 2.3.3).

I have completed the 3 modules (each module has only 1 content object and article), but now I always see the course title displayed at the top navigation banner (see attached image) for each module, on the left, which displays the name of the whole course. I would like to change it or remove it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Do you know which file do I have to edit to change or remove this title?

Thank you!

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Changing/removing course title in each top navigation banner
by Chuck Lorenz - Thursday, 25 April 2019, 9:26 PM

Hi Alex,

Do you have words, the course title, currently appearing in the navigation bar? If so, you have a custom theme installed.

You are working in the framework, not the authoring tool, right? You should look for navigation.hbs at src/theme/[your-theme-name]/templates. If nothing there, look at src/core/templates. Look in these for bracketed references to JSON fields looking like this {{displayTitle}}. Compare these with keys/fields in course.json. Try changing the value and rebuilding to see if you identify the source. (Don’t find this bracketed placeholder? Perhaps the course name is hardcoded into the template. Look for the course title and change it.)

Once you identify the source, you’ll have at least two options:
- leave the value blank in the json file so nothing is rendered in the navbar
- modify the navigation.hbs to remove the reference to the content field.

Hope this gives you some clues to work with.
Chuck

Picture of Alex Manzoni
Re: Changing/removing course title in each top navigation banner
by Alex Manzoni - Thursday, 25 April 2019, 11:17 PM

Hello Chuck,

Thank you so much! It was in the navigation.hbs file (src/theme/[my-theme-name]/templates), as you first suggested.

I changed the title and everything works.

Thanks again and have a good day!