Picture of John Anderson
Adding .docx content
by John Anderson - Thursday, 16 May 2019, 7:09 PM

Sorry everyone for the newbie nature of this question. I am using framework 2.4.0 and authoring tool 0.8.0. I want to add a .docx document to my training package (presumably as an asset) and also add a hyperlink to the document within a text component so that the user can click on the link and open the .docx file on their PC. I'm guessing this is easy to do, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adding .docx content
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 17 May 2019, 9:05 AM

This thread should answer your question https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1199

Picture of John Anderson
by John Anderson - Friday, 17 May 2019, 1:36 PM

Thanks Matt for the quick response. I have read the thread and attempted to follow the guidance there. However, as far as I can tell, even though I have added the .docx file as an asset, the framework does not automatically add the file to the asset folder. When I view the asset folder on the server machine (where the framework is running), I see copies of all of the image files that I have referenced in my training course, but I do not see copies of other images files that I have uploaded as an asset (but not used in the course), nor do I see the .docx file I added as an asset.

Is there someway to reference the asset in the course so that it gets included into the generated course content so that I can then set up my hyperlink to it?

--Chris

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 17 May 2019, 2:20 PM

Did you spot the line that says "You can get the link to your pdf by adding it to the resources and then it gives you a link something along the lines of "

'Resources' being the resources extension (should be installed by default)

Picture of John Anderson
by John Anderson - Monday, 20 May 2019, 2:58 PM

Thanks Matt. Success! After a few snags, I was able to get things working. Thanks very much for your assistance.

--Chris