Picture of Sean John
Poll Component
by Sean John - Friday, 21 June 2019, 12:34 PM

Hello! Has anyone worked on a poll component? I have been exploring using the slider component but it would be nice if it would be able to display the result of the others who have answered the same option.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Poll Component
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 21 June 2019, 2:09 PM

I vaguely recall King's College having worked on something like this but I can't remember if it got finished?

If you want to display the results of others then that will be the tricky part as you'll need to have something in the backend to handle that.

I'd actually be tempted to investigate off-the-shelf solutions that could either be displayed in Adapt via one of the iframe components or which provide an API you can use when building your own Adapt plugin.

Picture of Simon Date
by Simon Date - Monday, 24 June 2019, 1:34 PM

Hi Sean,

The component that Matt is describing above is the Social extension. It works through embedding an iFrame on the side which points to activites hosted on an LMS (in this example Moodle). The video below explains the rationale in more detail.

If you want something simpler the alternative would be finding an external application like Straw Poll and embedding that using an Iframe component.

Picture of Simon Date
by Simon Date - Monday, 24 June 2019, 1:36 PM

It turns out Straw poll has an API too so if you are comfortable creating Adapt components you could create a native Adapt component using that.

https://github.com/strawpoll/strawpoll/wiki/API