Picture of Gloria Cormier
Seeking contractor for mobile project - Canada
by Gloria Cormier - Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 6:35 PM

We are a cybersecurity firm based in Laval (Montreal)  Quebec Canada. We create libraries of eLearning security awareness content for our clients across the globe.

https://terranovasecurity.com/

We are currently working on converting our current eLearning courses, built with Lectora, to a fully responsive mobile solution.  So far we have tested Evolve, and although great to use, we have run into some technical glitches that may not be compatible with our proprietary LMS.   We are now interested in testing adapt but have no one in house that has any expertise in this.

We are looking to hire someone on a contract basis that can help us build a mobile prototype using Adapt.  Can you help us?

I would be happy to have a phone call to share more details. 

Thanks

Gloria Cormier

Product Director

Picture of Mark Berthelemy
Re: Seeking contractor for mobile project - Canada
by Mark Berthelemy - Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 7:18 PM

Hi Gloria,

Given that Evolve and Adapt are cousins, I think you might come across similar problems.

What were the issues you had?

I understand you've used Lectora. Have you tried any other tools, to see if they have the same problems?

Regards,

Mark

by Gloria Cormier - Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 7:58 PM

Hi Mark, 

The person with all the technical expertise is on vacation so I can only provide very high-level descriptions;

1. we have issues with the scoring not reporting correctly to our LMS - it has something to do with the manifest file that Evolve cannot change. 
  2. We have also added an exit button to the course because we do not want users to close the browser, only the course window, allowing them the option to return back to the LMS site for the addiitonal course.  The exit button is not working. 
  3. |there is also an issue with some feedback pages that are not appearing on certain devices when the course is launched from our LMS. 

That is about as technical as I can get right now.  

Thanks,

Gloria

Picture of Wes Atkinson
by Wes Atkinson - Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 8:39 PM

Hi, 

I can add the tech detail here. 

TerraNovaSecurity wishes to use the 'MasteryScore' within the Scorm package. This has undesireable effects depending on your LMS. 
https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/SCORM_FAQ#Moodle_changes_cmi.core.lesson_status_from_.22completed.22_or_.22passed.22_to_.22failed.22 

Two of the largest course hosting platforms of scorm packages (scormCloud + Moodle) operate differently concerning the masteryScore. This is also detailed here: https://scorm.com/blog/anatomy-of-scorm-minutiae-mistake/

In nearly 4 years this is something none of the Evolve client base have ever asked for, therefore, it is not something we are choosing to implement.

Such is the flexibility/advantage with Adapt, An Adapt plugin may be able to be altered to reflect this change should a contractor/firm wish to do this.

We have also given TerraNova the line to uncomment within the manifest file for an Evolve package should they wish to use this, but this will need to be done outside of Evolve. 

Picture of Wes Atkinson
by Wes Atkinson - Wednesday, 24 July 2019, 8:30 AM

... and on the exit button and feedback. This is the classic issue with scrolling content on an older LMS. This used to be an issue with Adapt also, but i believe there is a script tag/fix available for this. There is the the ability to do this in Evolve by selecting an option when you publish. This Isn’t a default (in Evolve) as it can be problematic for accessibility and most modern LMS’ can handle scrolling content.

Picture of Mark Berthelemy
by Mark Berthelemy - Wednesday, 24 July 2019, 9:16 AM

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Wes,

I can see why things are as they are. As the scorm.com blog post says, "Scorm is difficult, especially for the LMS provider", with some things open to interpretation.

Gloria, I'm afraid that's about as far as I can go with this. It looks like you will need an Adapt developer to be able to make Adapt work with your LMS.

Regards,

Mark

by Gloria Cormier - Wednesday, 24 July 2019, 1:48 PM

Hi Mark - yes I think you are right.  At this stage, we are still in the analysis phase to test which tools will give us the best result when building fully responsive courses. We are open and willing to test and try all the options. 

Since our LMS is built in-house there may be a lot of non-standard requests, as Wes pointed out as well. 

Our next step/test is to replicate the course we built using Evolve using Adapt. For that, we will need, as you mentioned, an Adapt developer. 

That was my goal for posting on this forum. 

Best,

Gloria

by Gloria Cormier - Wednesday, 24 July 2019, 1:41 PM

Wes - thanks so much for your added detail on this.  I realize we have a very particular environment (LMS) so we appreciate the support.

Picture of Steven W
by Steven W - Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 7:39 PM

Hi Gloria,

Does your proprietary LMS support SCORM 1.2 or 2004?

by Gloria Cormier - Wednesday, 24 July 2019, 1:43 PM

only SCORM 1.2

Picture of Saral Sharma
by Saral Sharma - Friday, 11 October 2019, 10:48 AM

Hi Gloria,

Are you still looking for ADAPT developer?

I like SCORM challenges and once solved SABA LMS problem few years ago for Honeywell US. Though I am based in London but if you ask your IT to setup citrix then I can work remotely. You can give me projects only If I solved the problem.