Uninstalling/fixing Adapt
by Sam Howell - Friday, 26 July 2019, 5:21 AM

Hi,

I've run into some errors trying to install the authoring tool (after checking that mongod service was running and following the other install steps correctly (I think):

We need to configure the tool before install.
Tip: just press ENTER to accept the default value in brackets.
> Server port (5000)
> Server name (localhost)
> Data directory path (data)
> Git repository URL to be used for the authoring tool source code (https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring.git)
> Git repository URL to be used for the framework source code (https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework.git)
> Specific git revision to be used for the framework. Accepts any valid revision type (e.g. branch/tag/commit) (tags/v2.4.0)
> Master database name (adapt-tenant-master)
> Will you be using a full database connection URI? (all connection options in the URI) y/N (N)
> Database host (localhost)
> Database server port (27017)
> Database server user (only specify if using database authentication)
> Database server password (only specify if using database authentication)
> Database server authentication database (only specify if using database authentication)
> Will you be using an SMTP server? (used for sending emails) y/N (N)
Now we need to configure the master tenant.
Tip: just press ENTER to accept the default value in brackets.

error [26 Jul 19 05:09:36 +00:00] Failed to load content plugin of type: bower
> Set a unique name for your tenant (master) squire
> Set the display name for your tenant (Master) squire

Tenant 'squire' already exists. It must be deleted for install to continue.
[This was my second attempt to install the authoring tool]
> Continue? (Y/n) (Y)

Cloned https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework.git successfully.
/temp/5d3a8be49f6d2308b38c9349/adapt_framework switched to revision tags/v2.4.0
Node dependencies installed successfully.
Failed to install adapt-contrib-vanilla, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-text, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-narrative, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-media, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-hotgraphic, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-blank, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-accordion, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-graphic, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-matching, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-textInput, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-mcq, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-gmcq, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-assessment, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-assessmentResults, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-trickle, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-tutor, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-boxMenu, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-pageLevelProgress, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-resources, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-slider, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-spoor, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-bookmarking, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Failed to install adapt-contrib-languagePicker, ReferenceError: primordials is not defined
Adapt framework plugins updated.
Master tenant created successfully.
Warning: Missing translation for key: "app.productname"

Now we need to set up a 'Super Admin' account. This account can be used to manage everything on your app.productname instance.
> Email address

Firstly, could anyone suggest how to fix these errors, or at least why they're happening?

If not, is there a way for me to completely remove all packages/files of Adapt so that I can try a fresh install?

My setup:

Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Release:    18.04
Codename:    bionic

Thanks

Picture of Tom Greenfield
Re: Uninstalling/fixing Adapt
by Tom Greenfield - Friday, 26 July 2019, 10:28 AM

One thing to check would be your version of Node.js. As per the instructions, you need to be using the LTS release (currently 10.x). I've received the bower error myself when testing unsupported versions.

by Sam Howell - Friday, 26 July 2019, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the tip! I'll check the Node.js version later. I still can't see any way to completely uninstall if all else fails though... Maybe it's just a case of purgin/removing MongoDB and Node.js?

by Sam Howell - Saturday, 27 July 2019, 11:21 AM

This seemed to do the trick, thanks.

I purged MongoDB and Node.js then reinstalled both, but v10 of Node.js, which meant all plugins updated properly when reinstalling Adapt authoring tool.

However, I now have an issue with MongoDB (I think). I cannot save courses or upload media to library. When I create a new course and click on Save, the wheel spins, says Saving and just doesn't stop. Then I cannot exit screen or even log out of authoring tool (see my most recent discussion - hope you/someone could help).

Many thanks

Picture of Ailiniyazi Maimaiti
by Ailiniyazi Maimaiti - Wednesday, 18 September 2019, 2:00 PM

Have you fixed it? I have same problem now.