Picture of Sébastien Bonte
no loading on browser/$grunt server
by Sébastien Bonte - Sunday, 3 August 2014, 4:41 PM

Hi,

After building without error, the content isn't loading after $grunt server and directly on browser ( i have tried ie, chrome and firefox).

But,..due to a PC problem i have needed to restore at a previous restoring point. Anyway, i have needed to reinstall all the environment for adapt framewok. 

Then, I've got many error while downloading the framework, many files were missing (principaly the .js file of all component), so i download all component separately to complete the installation.

Finaly, i manage to run and build without error.

I try to uninstall adapt-contrib-spoor, but it appear as "not installed", so I have removed the adapt-remove-spoor line in adapt.js as i see on another topic, 

I built and rebuilt again but it appear that the LMS is still there, and the content is not loading, it just appear the loading cursor.

Before the restoration of my PC, i could build and see on chrome.

Any idea of the problem? 

Any help is helpful

Thank 

Picture of Sébastien Bonte
Re: no loading on browser/$grunt server
by Sébastien Bonte - Monday, 4 August 2014, 12:56 AM

I've solved!

i don't know how e which problem really was, but then i create the course there was some errors.

When i built, i had to download each components separately because it was missing all .js files.

Buth the first time, it wasn't work, i did again and i was surprised because creating 2 differents courses the quantity of files downloaded was different.

So, i copied all the missing files that give error when build and finally work.

It seems that there is a problem when creating course! Just passing the information!

Bye

Picture of Wes Atkinson
Re: no loading on browser/$grunt server
by Wes Atkinson - Monday, 4 August 2014, 8:35 AM

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I've only ever hit problems on Windows when npm/node hasn't been pathed correctly in environment variables, or there are two versions installed and the older one is being referred to.

One reason you may be having this issue is that "npm install -g <package>" doesn't actually install the package in your node directory -  It will only install in the package in "Your_User_name\AppData\Roaming\npm\npm_modules\". If you add the directory where you installed nodeJS, this may fix the problem.

I tend to find a mac\linux based system more successful when working with node. You might consider a Dual boot on your PC into Ubuntu 14.04 as this seems to work much better for me.. Its less fiddly than windows and fun to learn!