The course. The use case is as such:
1) Course designer has AT installed and he designs the course.
2) He distributes the exported course with SPOOR plugin enabled to a bunch of tutors to upload to their own LMS module page.
3) Each of these tutors have their own database (we are using free SurveyJS accounts for now) to store data.
4) For now (testing), the designer (aka yours truly) will put the database id into the course components. I edited properties.schema to introduce a couple of input boxes for that for each components.
5) But I don't want to put one database id into a course and export it for one tutor, then change the database id and export again for another tutor. Too troublesome.
6) So I am thinking if the exported course can read a text file, then all the tutors (whom you recall do not have the AT) have to do is unzip the SCORM zip file, then put a text file into the, say, adapt/js folder for adapt.min.js to read, then rezip the SCORM package, before uploading to the LMS.
7) I am hoping if an extension can help to read the DB id from the textfile into sessionStorage (it's not a security risk. SurveyJS is not linked to our main DB), then individual components (I use MCQ and text input components) can read the id from sessionStorage and push the data captured from interactions with the components up to the cloud immediately. We pull the data down realtime for learning analytics purposes.
Please advise if this is a good way to do it, and if so, how to let the exported course read a text file.