Picture of Chris Gillison
adapt-submitAll issue
by Chris Gillison - Thursday, 12 September 2019, 6:48 PM

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with th adapt-submitAll extension. The blurb on GitHub says "You should ensure that all questions within the article are set to 'do not show feedback' (either by setting _canShowFeedback to false on the individual question components)..."

I added that code to the components (2 adapt-contrib-sliders) and set "_canShowModelAnswer": false. The question marking is working fine but I'm still getting both feedbacks launching.

This is a new course I creatd today, so the latest version of the framework, and the master version of the component dowloaded from gitHub today.

Any help greatly appreciated! Many thnaks

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: adapt-submitAll issue
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 13 September 2019, 10:30 AM

Hi Chris

Conveniently enough I'm working on a course at the moment that uses a series of Slider components with the submitAll extension... it's working fine for me.

I'm using:

• FW v4.3.0
  • Slider v2.4.0
  • SubmitAll v2.0.1

Here's a screenshot of the JSON for one of the slider components. Note that I've removed the _feedback property completely - but I've checked and even if I leave it in, the feedback doesn't show (as long as _canShowFeedback: false)

Picture of Chris Gillison
by Chris Gillison - Friday, 13 September 2019, 2:41 PM

Oops. Now I feel stupid. Typo in my code...

"_canShowFeedback ": false

Working fine now I've taken the pesky space out. Thanks everyone for your suggestions though - much appreciated!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 13 September 2019, 3:23 PM

Don't worry, we've all made the same mistake - many, many times...!

Picture of Christina Herdt
by Christina Herdt - Friday, 13 September 2019, 12:00 PM

Hi Chris,

I worked with the SubmitAll Extension just last week, but in the Authoring Tool. So I'm not sure if my experiences may help you, but maybe it's worth a try...:

I found out, that if I have the Assessment extension enabled, the settings made there kind of "overrule" the ones of the components. So if you have the Assessment extension enabled for the article with your question components, see if it helps if you set the feature "Show Feedback" within the settings of the Assessment extension (on article level) to false.

Kind regards,

Christina

Picture of Jonathan Briggs
by Jonathan Briggs - Friday, 13 September 2019, 1:36 PM

I'm also struggling with this one – either I get all separate feedbacks piled up in layers but nowhere to set them, or nothing. What I want is a single submit button but the ability to re-set the article (which I thought I would be able to do by using Assessment). Is that possible?

All the best,

Jonathan

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 13 September 2019, 2:31 PM

You can disable 'show feedback' for all questions in an assessment article via the _assessment._questions._canShowFeedback setting (https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-assessment#articlesjson)

The assessment results component includes the option to reset/retry the assessment (https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-assessmentResults#attributes)

by Jonathan Briggs - Monday, 16 September 2019, 10:40 AM

I could be missing something obvious but splitting this up… the assessment runs fine, allows reset. But add Submit All and I get no reset… only a submit button, which is fine if the answers are correct ; - ) Where am I going wrong? I can't see any options for Submit All other than _isEnabled and _insertAfterBlock in the article. AT 0.10.0 FW 2.4.0

Cheers,

Jonathan

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 16 September 2019, 11:23 AM

The assessment results component includes the option to reset/retry the assessment

This is the assessment results component https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-assessmentResults

by Jonathan Briggs - Tuesday, 17 September 2019, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the pointers. So with assessment, assessment results and submit all I've got a big group of slider questions on a single submit then showing results and feedback based on result band with reset available on incorrect. Perfect.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 17 September 2019, 11:49 AM