Picture of Tom van Gemert
Error while following Wiki: Creating your first course
by Tom van Gemert - Tuesday, 5 August 2014, 1:47 PM

Hi,

I'm completely new to Adapt and I am attracted in first place by the responsive qualities of this project. So decided to give it a serious try. After some trail and error got it set up on my development server. And as a starter I'm going through the "Setting up" and "Creating first course" section of the Wiki but I am running into some difficulties here. I'm editing the "contentObjects.json" file following the instructions. But I get a javascript error which prevents me from getting further. Could someone point out to me what's going wrong here? Would be sad to bump into problems at this early point already.

The error:
TypeError: o.models[0] is undefined http://elearning.zinnebeeldtest.nl/course1/build/adapt/js/adapt.min.js Line 97

Please let me know if I should provide some additional information about this.

Thanks! Tom

Picture of Chris Jones
Re: Error while following Wiki: Creating your first course
by Chris Jones - Thursday, 7 August 2014, 8:47 AM

Hi Tom,

Its hard to tell from just that error message but I think that the course model is not being loaded successfully.

Does the course run OK when using grunt server? if it does then it is most likely a problem with your server set-up (check this forum for posts on mime type setup)

Chris

Picture of Tom van Gemert
by Tom van Gemert - Thursday, 7 August 2014, 2:56 PM

Hi Chris,

My question might have been a bit premature, sorry about that. I took some time out last few days to test and read more posts on the forum and documentation. It was indeed caused by the model that was incomplete. I've managed to get around that by reading into it and simple trail and error. My question arose after I've followed the basic tutorial: "setting up first course" and followed the steps provided. In this tutorial it was described as to just add a block to contentObjects.json and see how it works. Which, as described, is not the case because the model then is not complete. In this case grunt server didn't raise an error or warning.

Currently I am researching the Adapt Framework to see how we can use it to create an e-learning tool for a project we are doing. I'm a started with the system and at this point I understand the basics of the Adapt Framework and I understand how I can create and theme courses. But it also generated a lot of questions for me about how to use and implement it for our project. For instance about tracking course results per trainee/user, connecting it to active user sessions (for instance from our own CMS), transferring course results per user to our own database system etc. At this point I find it to have a steep learning curve. Can you advise me to whom or how to ask those questions? Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Picture of Bart D'haenens
by Bart D'haenens - Wednesday, 27 August 2014, 7:21 PM

Hello Tom,
Following the same instructions I am running into the same error too.

Could you specify where you found some useful resources that can help me get arround it?

Greetings,

Bart