Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Imported plug-ins are incompatible with framework version
by Chuck Lorenz - Wednesday, 25 September 2019, 2:15 AM

As I try to import a course into AAT v0.10 (FW v4.3), two custom components are being described as incompatible with the framework:

Course cannot be imported

One or more of the plugins used in this course are not compatible with the version of the framework that is used by this authoring tool. Please remove or update these plugins and try again.

Action needed - This plugin is not supported in this authoring tool. You must remove or update this plugin before you can continue with the import.

I can't figure out what is incompatible about these and what I need to update.

• both components behave correctly when run in the framework v4.3 (outside of the AAT)
  • both have bowers with "framework": ">=2.0.0"
  • both bowers have unique values for "component" and "displayName" 
  • both have properties.schema
  • neither are currently installed in the AAT

What else does the AAT check during import? Ideas of things for me to check?

(More context: The course was created in the AAT running FW 2.2.5. I exported it and manually upgraded framework and plugins to run with FW 4.3. Now trying to import into a new AAT running FW 4.3)

Thanks

Picture of Nicola Willis
Re: Imported plug-ins are incompatible with framework version
by Nicola Willis - Wednesday, 25 September 2019, 8:44 AM

Good morning Chuck,

There are two scenarios that could cause a plugin to be categorised as red.

1) The "framework" version in the plugins bower.json is not compatible with the framework version in the AT. If your plugins framework version is ">=2.0.0" and your AT framework is "4.3.0" I would expect this to pass

2) The "version" field in the plugins bower.json is not a valid version number (eg it should be of the form x.y.z)

If the version appears to be of the correct format then I would suggest attempting to import the plugin on it's own to see if there is any more information there.

Thanks

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Wednesday, 25 September 2019, 11:37 AM

Thanks so much, Nicola.

Yes, it was the version numbers causing the problem. These components I inherited had formats like this:

Changing these to the standard x.y.z format led to a successful import.

Picture of Nicola Willis
by Nicola Willis - Wednesday, 25 September 2019, 12:55 PM

Great! Glad to hear :)