Picture of Misha G
Thumbnail Preview - Suggestion
by Misha G - Monday, 7 October 2019, 6:38 PM

So my team and I have created more than 100 courses and sometimes it's hard to remember which course used a certain style that I'd wish to incorporate in my new course.

You know how when hovering YouTube videos thumbnail you see a preview of the video? What if when hovering courses thumbnail it shows each modules for a second interval? This would save a lot of time from having to open each courses to preview them.

I made a small gif preview of what I have in mind.

Picture of Paul Hilton
Re: Thumbnail Preview - Suggestion
by Paul Hilton - Monday, 7 October 2019, 7:36 PM

Did you know you can add a preview asset from the project settings? I won't automatically create one for you, but adding an image does makes it easy to recognise your course.

Paul

Picture of Misha G
by Misha G - Monday, 7 October 2019, 7:44 PM

Ah yes I've used gif for preview image instead of static. I guess that could be a great work around by creating an animated gif for each modules!

Do you know if there's a way to only activate the gif when hovering the course? So a static image by default and when hover, it change the image to the animated gif? I'd easily do that in a course, but I'm not sure where I could implement CSS/JavaScript on the Dashboard.

Thanks!

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 8 October 2019, 9:37 AM

I have another request still active, to have the preview in the dashboard as well, https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/issues/2058

Picture of Misha G
by Misha G - Tuesday, 8 October 2019, 1:51 PM

It'd be really great if this would be implemented! I think the hard part would be to auto generate thumbnails from each modules, but if there's an option to play the gif on hover, I'd just make them myself for now.