Picture of Misha G
Issue - Retry Assessment
by Misha G - Monday, 21 October 2019, 3:50 PM

Hi, I have an issue with the retry assessment.

In the Assessment Results component, I have checked the option "Redirect to assessment on retry", but when I click "Retry Assessment", the loader appears and just gets me back to the top of the page.

Am I missing something? My Assessment Results component is not in the same article as the assessment.

Thank you.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Issue - Retry Assessment
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 21 October 2019, 4:44 PM

What were you expecting to happen?

This setting was originally intended for use when the assessment is on another page entirely. It can be used also if the assessment isn't right at the start of the current page - though this may not work if you're using trickle on the page as it doesn't look like it is set up to wait for trickle to finish 'unlocking'.

Picture of Misha G
by Misha G - Monday, 21 October 2019, 6:30 PM

Thank you Matt for the quick reply.

That is unfortunate as it is very frustrating for a user that they have to scroll back to the assessment every time they want/have to retry it. Is there any workaround that you know to fix this?

Thanks again!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 22 October 2019, 9:15 AM

I'm not sure because you haven't really explained what's wrong... are you saying it is the problem with it not being able to get past trickle?

Picture of Barry Jenkin
by Barry Jenkin - Thursday, 19 November 2020, 4:59 AM

Just stumbled on a fix for this one.

You get the desired behaviour when you enable keepScrollPosition for the course, together with 'Redirect to assessment on retry' setting. Selecting retry, no matter what page assessmentResults is on, gets you back to the linked assessment, not the start of the page.

Also works where there are multiple assessments on the page with multiple retry options. Trickle doesn't seem to interfere.

Picture of Misha G
by Misha G - Thursday, 27 January 2022, 6:17 PM

Thanks a lot for the fix! It works perfectly!

We used to have a separate module just for quizzes before because it would be annoying for users to scroll back down every time, but your fix works way better.