Picture of mayuir sidhpara
Adapt Questions
by mayuir sidhpara - Wednesday, 6 August 2014, 8:07 AM

Hi,

I'm looking to find out if any of these are possible with the current release of the framework or will be added to future releases?

1) Feedback for Assessment
Is it possible to have individual feedback to questions as well as an overall feedback with the score? If so, how is this possible? I've tried creating an assessment and it either displays individual feedback for each question OR an overall feedback?

2) Randomised Quiz for Assessments AND within Course content

Is this possible? OR is there a future plan to add this into the framework?

3) IFrame component
Will there be an IFrame-type component added to the main core framework, which allows custom content to be embedded (including Adobe Edge animations)?

Thanks.

Mayuir

Picture of Gavin Nelson
Re: Adapt Questions
by Gavin Nelson - Wednesday, 6 August 2014, 8:53 AM

1) feedback for assessment:

this can be achieved by editing the file src/extensions/adapt-contrib-assessment/js/adapt-contrib-assessment-quizArticle.js

on line 68 within the setUpQuiz() function there is the following line

component.set({'_isEnabledOnRevisit': false, '_canShowFeedback': false}, {pluginName: "_assessment"});

change this to

component.set({'_isEnabledOnRevisit': false, '_canShowFeedback': true}, {pluginName: "_assessment"});

to allow individual questions to give feedback.

note that if you also have feedback for the assessment as a whole then on answering the last question, two feedback popups will open and you will need to close the last question's feedback before you can see the assessment's feedback.

3)IFrame component.

learning pool has developed a responsive IFrame component which you can get here https://github.com/LearningPool/adapt-contrib-responsiveIframe or install from the adapt cli with the command adapt install adapt-contrib-responsiveIframe

regarding point 2, are you referring to the ability to randomise the questions that appear in a non assessment article? If so I don't think this is implemented, but it might be possible for an extension to do this.

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Wednesday, 6 August 2014, 10:22 AM

Hey Mayuir,

If you take a look at this page you'll find that assessment is being improved and already includes banks and randomisations.

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of mayuir sidhpara
by mayuir sidhpara - Wednesday, 6 August 2014, 3:32 PM

Hi Gavin/Daryl,

Thank you for the info.

Gavin - regarding point 2, I was referring to having randomised questions, which are selected from a question bank for the assessment at the end of the course. Daryl has indicated this is a planned feature for v1.2 of the framework. Cheers Daryl.

Mayuir