Picture of Winston Ahsam
Google Analytics within the Adapt modules
by Winston Ahsam - Friday, 29 November 2019, 9:52 AM

Hi,

Im not a Google Analytics Expert, but wondered if google analytics code could be added to the ADAPT Modules to work with Google Tag manager for example? Say for example the Adapt Media module was provided Javascript code to report back to GA played, stop for example?

Is this technically possible?

Any advice is appreciated?

Winston

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Google Analytics within the Adapt modules
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 29 November 2019, 10:58 AM

Have you had a look at https://github.com/KingsOnline/adapt-google-analytics?

It's always worth having a quick look in the plugin browser to see if someone has already built something similar.

Picture of Winston Ahsam
by Winston Ahsam - Friday, 29 November 2019, 12:27 PM

Hi Matt,

Must say your very good to reply here in the forums and its much appreciated. Thank you. 

Yes, I have been trying out all possiblities with google analytics plugin and also Xapi. What I am wondering is if its possbile to javascript some code in the ADAPT modules that can provide a better analytics close to what you can get from xapi, just without the user if you know how xapi works.

I would really like to hear from a developer if my thoughts are possible? Can gogle code be added into the Adapt modules that can send some data to Google Analytics?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 29 November 2019, 4:37 PM

As an early Christmas present to you (and the rest of the Adapt community) from us folks here at Kineo, I give you: Kineo's adapt-googleAnalytics plugin

Picture of Winston Ahsam
by Winston Ahsam - Wednesday, 11 December 2019, 2:45 PM

Wow, was very impressed with this.  Thanx for sharing

Picture of Christian Wehle
by Christian Wehle - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 1:11 PM

Thank you very much for this plugin, Matt! I've just installed it and I am very happy with it, it works great.