Picture of Dan Jonsson
Questionbanks
by Dan Jonsson - Tuesday, 4 February 2020, 9:14 AM

I got a e-learning with questionbanks randomized in Adapt Authoring Tool.

No problem with getting the course completed. But when the user gets back he get new randomzed questions when looking through the education. And the chapters are now incomplete.

Is there a way to avoid this?

I mean to lock the questions in the banks when revisit!

Thanks Dan

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Questionbanks
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 4 February 2020, 6:44 PM

The option 'Store question state' in the Spoor extension's 'tracking' configuration will cause the responses the learner gave to the assessment questions to be saved & then restored once they've passed the assessment (or failed, using up all attempts).

But this option should be enabled by default for authoring tool users...

And the fact that you say 'And the chapters are now incomplete' suggest something else is going on... perhaps your LMS is automatically generating a new attempt if the learner revisits a course they've previously completed?

Picture of Dan Jonsson
by Dan Jonsson - Thursday, 6 February 2020, 1:01 PM

Perhaps I wasn´t clear in my question. I got questionsbank with the randomize function. When the user has completed the course and revisit it a new random question is generated. And the part is not showing a complete part as it did when the user was visiting the time before.

I wondered if there was a way to load completed part when revisiting. This with the function randomized questions? Reload the completed question. D

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 6 February 2020, 2:53 PM

No, I think I understood what you meant - and I'm pretty sure my previous answer is still relevant. The only other thing you might want to check is the assessment's _isResetOnRevisit setting

Picture of Dan Jonsson
by Dan Jonsson - Thursday, 6 February 2020, 3:25 PM

I solved the problem. I didn´t check Include in Total Score in the questionbanks.

Now it works as expected!

Thanks!

D