Picture of martin kimani
inserting content for non-developer users
by martin kimani - Saturday, 9 August 2014, 10:16 AM

I am new to adapt and I wanted to know if there is another way to insert content. because i wanted to create a platform that will enable people with no coding skills to create the content themselves and I as the administrator to integrate the content. I think my kind of users might find contentobject.json not very user friendly. and also please tell me how i can insert a flash animation if its possible?

me
Re: inserting content for non-developer users
by Sven Laux - Saturday, 9 August 2014, 11:27 AM

Hi Martin,

thanks for your note.

In short, creating an authoring tool for non technical people and with an intuitive and easy to use user interface is at the heart of our vision and mission. We are currently working on this and feel confident that a first pilot release will be out before the end of 2014.

Please feel free to have a look at the requirements to get an idea (our first authoring tool deliverable will be v0.1). There is an insight into some of the user interface work here.

Please watch this space and check back regularly. We're very excited about the apparent level of demand, support and also the progress we are making :-)

We are keen to add more contributors to the project. If you (or your organisation) are interested and can offer time, please just say so and I will get in touch. Everyone can get involved and help make this tool what they need it to be. The more help we have the better the end result and the quicker we can get there.

Thanks,
Sven

Picture of martin kimani
by martin kimani - Monday, 11 August 2014, 7:01 AM

thanks sven but the mockup viewer is just opening a blank page i don't know whats wrong. As for being a contributor personally I would love to but I don't know what kind of skills you need I am not that much of a pro as a coder though.

Seth Looking Surprised
by Seth Dickens - Monday, 11 August 2014, 11:19 PM

Hi Sven, 

I would definitely be very interested in contributing to the project in any way I can. I don't have much more than rudimentary coding skills, but I am an experienced Instructional Designer and E-learning developer. 

I think I could offer most help by testing out the authoring tool when it is released. If you would like to add me to a wait list for testers, please go ahead. I've previously been involved in testing the Wiimote IWB for the open source WiildOS project (Italian).

If there is anything else I can do to help in the meantime, please let me know.

Seth.